+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Finally after finding some inner strengh, nice Breaker Bar i managed to finally remove the Wheel Bolts and Locking Nuts, so next long weekend i'll be hopefully removing the Wheels and giving all the Arches, Suspension etc, a really good clean.

I've also got 4x Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tyres on order to be fitted this Saturday trough Tyres on the drive. Then i can finally go for a really good drive to get fully used to the car.
    Last edited by Minismithy90; 6th September 2016 at 09:29 AM.
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

Nice car Bro and very good tyres!
    Fun to drive and warm up fast..
    But many vxr's in England i see that use rain sliks because of the weather (always rain)..
    That tyres in dry i know its perfect,because a year ago i wear it,but in rain;

Nice pictures what do you use to capture them

Some nice looking roads round about where you live mate!

I'am blessed to have some good roads around the corner from my house, although Wales is still my favourite place to go

Picture wise, i just use my Sony Xperia. It does the job.
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

So this afternoon had the Michelin's fitted, all nice and simple trough Tyres on the drive. Been out the past few Hours scrubbing them in and getting a feel for them, and I am simply amazed by how much the car has been transformed. Mileage at time of fitting was "15805"

Tyres by Michael Smith, on Flickr

VXR by Michael Smith, on Flickr

Gone has the Road noise that sounded like a Wheel Bearing, the occasional Tram-lining, the ABS kicking in when Braking hard and the ride has improved, so much softer over little humps and bumps in the road, the daily refinement has gone up a few notches. Happy is an understatement

So yesterday Evening i went for my first 'proper' drive out since i've scrubbed the Michelin's in, headed towards some of my favourite roads towards the 'Dales, minimal traffic it was great, the weather was perfect, all good.

The Drexler LSD really is the star of the show, it's superb, i do find it quite aggressive and coupled with the sticky Supersport Tyres and the Bilstein B12 Suspension i'am having to get used to it somewhat as a few times it's caught me of guard, nothing drastic as such, but it demands 100% concentration otherwise i'll be mounting the inside kerb LOL, one thing i noticed was i was carrying a good 10-15mph more into some corners than i did in the ST but i felt like i was only driving at like 7/10th's if that makes sense? I also feel like there's to much grip, it's nowhere near as adjustable as the ST and perhaps its rivals, you can lift of and power on and using to LSD tighten your line up which i found quite satisfying, along with 2nd gear corners, i was giggling to my self, i really do think a Trackday is needed!

Overall I am still loving it, not once have i thought the ST was better in a particular area, well apart from the Fuel LOL.

Nurburgring by Michael Smith, on Flickr

Have u test the tyres in rain mate or not yet;
    It's a great tyre!!!

Cracking tyres the MPPS 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James
    Custom 2015 Summit White GTC VXR

Quote Originally Posted by Arden OPC View Post
    Have u test the tyres in rain mate or not yet;
    It's a great tyre!!!
    I've not mate, it's been Sunny recently, although Winter is looming, so no doubt will see what they are like then.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast