Closed Thread
    VXRed

Default Anyone Owned This Or Knows What Bhp Its Pushing? YP57 NWM RED ASTRA VXR

Just Seen this Astra Vxr for sale in a Auction? i Notice its got A Sports Intercooler But wanted to Know if this Car is Previously Owned By Anyone On Here That Could Tell Me Abit More About The Car

Thanks

VXRed

Default Anyone on here owned this or knows what bhp its pushing red astra vxr yp57 nwm

Just Seen this Astra Vxr for sale in a Auction? i Notice its got A Sports Intercooler But wanted to Know if this Car is Previously Owned By Anyone On Here That Could Tell Me Abit More About The Car

Thanks

Sorry to dig up a thread two weeks late but this is my old car! Well it was up until 2014 when i wrote it off and was auctioned by the insurance company as Cat D. I had it between 2009-2014 and i was running a decat pipe and stage 1 remap. The accident that killed it was i hit a traffic island and took out the nearside wheel, suspension, gearbox and driveshafts. I know someone bought it at auction and rebuilt not long after the write off, thats all i know so i guess they fitted the intercooler. If you want any more info from my ownership of it let me know!
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14425&dateline=1250715585

VXRed

Thanks For Your Reply i purchased this car i think a day after i posted the car was done up to such a good standard but the front was defo repaired on it , it had a very shi* paint job like someone sprayed it with a spray can but this car was defo quick as iv had a few and had a nurburgring corsa and this astra was defo quick and not standard,
    i never kept the car very long as with all the modifications i couldnt get insured as only 20 and insurance was around £7000 because i added on mods
    but when i sold the car the gearbox was still feeling abit funny but was running good ! And car had all like intercooler sports pipes and was sitting very low on some coilovers

VXRed

i Would post some pics but dont know how to attach them on this as im kind of new with this site lol

Thanks for sharing the photos, brings back some memories! The exterior was standard when i owned it (apart from a VXR badge on the grille) so i think the black bits must have been done by whoever rebuilt it. The engine bay is completely different too, i only had a decat pipe and panel K&N filter so looks like a lot of work was done there. Interesting that it seems to have had spray work done on the front, the accident i had caused no body work damage, it was all mechanical (wheels, suspension, etc) so i wonder if it had another prang subsequently. I got paid out £5500 as a write off back in 2014 when it had 91,000 miles on the clock, i know it sold at insurance auction for £4000 shortly after.
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14425&dateline=1250715585

VXRed

mmm Yh thats defo odd must have had a little hit on the front again then i imagine , and yeh it does look very diffrent i seen pics of it standard before it looked way diffrent

Closed Thread