+ Reply to Thread

Default Tyre pressure sensor

Got in car this morning and it was telling me front drivers side tyre was low even tho both fronts was on same pressure on screen both at 34 psi so got compressor out garage to c what was in and it only had just over 20 psi so what's the point with the tyre pressure sensors if they tell u the wrong pressure

VXRed

I'm wondering what happens if you get a puncture, and use the tyre sealant. will the sensor become stuffed along with the tyre !!

VXRed

My system has never worked from the day it was delivered, always got the yellow warning light on, Vauxhall are not interested, so neither am I, it will go back from lease like it.

If the pressure went down over night it will still read the old pressure on screen, as soon as you drove it would have changed. Or at least thats what the TPMS was like in my Insignia. It had a delay, but the DDS system is terrible it has such a delay its unreal.

James

Last edited by insanejim69; 24th September 2016 at 06:08 PM.
    MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

VXRed

Just discovered today that tyre pressure monitor sys are mandatory. EU regs since 2014. All new cars since then have to have them. It's also an MOT fail if they don't work. Hoping even if they give false readings, they're still sending data, so classed as ok !!!
    Found info on ATS tyres web page.

VXR newbie

Does anybody know how to get rid of the TPMS warning light? Tyres are at optimal pressure yried holding the set button in but only get a learn tyres option and light still stays on

VXRed

Question

Mine has been playing around for months on end and I was going to book it in for a warranty repair but from the comments on this thread i'm assuming dealerships don't fix the issue?

VXRed

I had the problem from day one, it was delivered with the warning light on, after trying the reset time after time with no luck, I gave up & ran it to its first service like it, got sorted with a new valve / pressure sensor in the r/h rear wheel, as the car never connected with it, no issues since.

VXRed

That's more promising so just booked mine in to get it looked at.

+ Reply to Thread