+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: key fob TROUBLE

  1. #1
    VXRed Mays7's Avatar
    Join Date
    22nd March 2013
    Posts
    29

    Default key fob TROUBLE

    Hi people need help!

    My keys which are keyless on my 58 plate Astra are playing up.

    One day they will unlock then it wont start the car with a flashing padlock on the dash!

    Iv changed the batteries in both keys but no luck.

    iv seen a few people on here with this issue also I saw this was added to YouTube which is not me but same problem.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwrHbd4W-_M
    THE RED ARROW

  2. #2
    VXR Torque of the Devil w20adm's Avatar
    Join Date
    23rd June 2010
    Posts
    9,537

    Default

    Yes mate bloody annoying isn't it. I've had this for ages now. Had new fob programmed and everything. Still same.

    There was a thread on here a couple of days ago where a lad had the antenna receiver in the door changed and this cured his problem. But don't know if that was the exact same thing.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

  3. #3
    VXRed Mays7's Avatar
    Join Date
    22nd March 2013
    Posts
    29

    Default

    is!!! as no one seems to know how to fix it without splashing the cash lol

    some people think it could be the CIM again! I phoned Vauxhall customer services and they said to get a diagnostics on a tech 2 to see if its related to CIM
    THE RED ARROW

  4. #4
    VXRed blooded
    Join Date
    10th July 2013
    Posts
    270

    Default

    I have this also, on and off. For me, the battery connection in the fob appears to be the issue. If I remove the silver panel from the fob and secure the battery with my finger it works like magic.

    I'd personally suggest trying this and see how it performs.

  5. #5
    VXRed Mays7's Avatar
    Join Date
    22nd March 2013
    Posts
    29

    Default

    il give that a go although VAUXHALL did say if I played around with the battery it could need reprogramming to car is this true? apparently you have like a min to change the battery or signal is lost ?
    THE RED ARROW

  6. #6
    VXRed blooded
    Join Date
    10th July 2013
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mays7 View Post
    il give that a go although VAUXHALL did say if I played around with the battery it could need reprogramming to car is this true? apparently you have like a min to change the battery or signal is lost ?

    That's sounds dodgy to me! At the very least this would be a terrible design flaw.

    I guess, if this is your issue, you'd have already been disconnected for more than one minute anyway.

  7. #7
    VXRed Mays7's Avatar
    Join Date
    22nd March 2013
    Posts
    29

    Default

    ill check out the connection in batteries if that don't work I'm going to have to folk out £30 to put it on diagnostics although he pedal test shows no faults
    THE RED ARROW

  8. #8
    VXR Torque of the Devil w20adm's Avatar
    Join Date
    23rd June 2010
    Posts
    9,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZXRGPK View Post
    I have this also, on and off. For me, the battery connection in the fob appears to be the issue. If I remove the silver panel from the fob and secure the battery with my finger it works like magic.

    I'd personally suggest trying this and see how it performs.
    Yes this fixed it briefly for me too. I wedged a bit of padding in to keep it pressed down, but this also started to not work after a while
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

  9. #9
    VXRed blooded
    Join Date
    10th July 2013
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    Yes this fixed it briefly for me too. I wedged a bit of padding in to keep it pressed down, but this also started to not work after a while
    Same. But at least this is evidence that it's the connection and not something more concerning.

  10. #10
    The only slow captain on vxro CaptainSlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    12th April 2009
    Posts
    19,486

    Default

    Get it into Vauxhall to get them to square it away imo.
    PSN - ItzMrGoodKat

    Instagram - ItzMrGoodKat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts