Closed Thread
    VXRed

Default Help! Not Boosting :(

So i just got a new k06 hybrid on it and new exhaust manifold as my older one was cracked... 1st day it worked perfect, then we had to make a few adjustments to the actuator and fixed a boost leak on the top hat pipes.. after that i got an error code about map sensor but its gone again now.

I did get an error code about faulty boost control sensor when we plugged the diagnostics in, replaced it and it went away but its still not boosting... i can hear the turbo very faintly when i accelerate and goes into higher revs but no where near as loud as it was previously and no power.

Ive ordered a new actuator in the hope that thats what the problem is but if not im clueless... Any ideas anyone?

Could you put soke kind of Mark. On the actuator . So when It moves if it moves you could see?

Then go for a drive and check? If the mark hasn't been disturbed the actuator isn't moving.

Of that makes sense

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    FMIC, TOP HAT, UPRATED STEM SEALS, PIPER EXHAUST SYSTEM
    I AM MY OWN MECHANIC

VXRed

Yeah i can give that a try tonight when i get home, one thing that makes me think it is the actuator is that i noticed the heat shield was catching on the actuator bending the rod a bit... so it maybe it did break something internally

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan2e View Post
    Yeah i can give that a try tonight when i get home, one thing that makes me think it is the actuator is that i noticed the heat shield was catching on the actuator bending the rod a bit... so it maybe it did break something internally
    It could have distorted it

I AM MY OWN MECHANIC

VXRed

Got it sorted - took the downpipe off and reached up and the penny valve was stuck open :/ all going good now though, thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan2e View Post
    Got it sorted - took the downpipe off and reached up and the penny valve was stuck open :/ all going good now though, thanks for the help
    Good to hear thought it would be actuator related somehow

I AM MY OWN MECHANIC

Closed Thread