Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Insignia VXR

Default Insignia VXR

Hi all. I'm thinking of buying an Insignia VXR. Wont be brand new. Maybe 2010 to 2012 sort of age. I've had the Astra VXR but never the Insignia. Is there anything i should be looking for when buying and any known issues with the car? I've read something about the chain stretching? I presume these were all sorted under a recall from Vauxhall? Thanks in advance for your help

Timing chains and problems with the haldex system
    Brimfull's Vauxhall History, Cavalier Sri 8v, 2x Calibra 16v, Omega V6, Vectra B Gsi, 2x Vectra C Sri 2.2, Vectra C Sri Cdti 150, Meriva Design, Astra Ls, Vectra Vxr

VXRed

Mines a 2009 & I have since owning it had all the weak points done! which are :- cam chains, (at 58,000 miles)they were stretched ! Clutch & dmf ( at 55,000 miles), front brakes disks & calipers ( original Brembos are utter pony if you like to actually use the brakes hard!) & I've just, today returned from Thorney with my new, up rated haldex !! Now, at last, along with a stage 3, it is a most enjoyable, fast & comfy car!!
    Does that answer your question ?! ����

Yip, that about sums it up. So get one with most or all of this already done. Thanks

You driven one yet?

Sent from my iPhone you Android Scumbags!!!

Not yet. Looking at a couple that i am going to go and have a drive in. 2014, 17k miles with Nav etc. £16k. That seem like good value?

That does seem cheap Baz well worth a look and with it being a 2014 you will have the newer chain kit on too. Just do the usual checks on the haldex so reverse lock to lock to feel for any juddering but at the mileage you should be fine. Vx dont state a haldex service but to keep it in tip top condition I would suggest a filter and both fluids changed every 2 years in the unit also if your using vxr mode then turn off the traction and esp mode also dont use vxr mode from standstill only engage it 3rd gear upwards. They are a lovely car and drive a map will transform it in the mid range if you go down that route then make sure its a custom map so go to the likes of courtenay sport. The brembo disks are " ok " and should still have plenty of life in them still and a fresh set of rotas from reyland are half the price and much better when the time comes

Quote Originally Posted by BazVXR View Post
    Not yet. Looking at a couple that i am going to go and have a drive in. 2014, 17k miles with Nav etc. £16k. That seem like good value?
    I have driven my mates old one, standard and with a bluefin stage 1 and also 2 other occasions on the track at Power Events.

I'm no fan, they are quick but don't feel it. I couldn't even tell the difference with the map on my mates...

Drive one, I don't think you'll be that impressed bearing in mind what you've come from

Sent from my iPhone you Android Scumbags!!!

Guys I appreciate all the advice. I have read that they aren't as quick as you might expect. Very high running costs as well. I've noticed a nearly new facelift 2.0 turbo with 250bhp are around 16 to 17 grand with all the toys and very few miles. I'd say with a remap then this version could maybe live with the vxr and have a fraction of the running costs. Probably lose a fortune on depreciation though. Vxr does look so much better though

My mate went from a stage one Vectra Vxr ( my current car) to an insignia vxr and lasted 9 months before trading it in against an Astra h vxr with cash his way.

He was expecting a lot more from the insignia bit it failed to deliver.
    Brimfull's Vauxhall History, Cavalier Sri 8v, 2x Calibra 16v, Omega V6, Vectra B Gsi, 2x Vectra C Sri 2.2, Vectra C Sri Cdti 150, Meriva Design, Astra Ls, Vectra Vxr

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast