Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Rossbrown_1 View Post
    Cheers guys... nasir would you say it was worth doing? Or better saving to get a proper system?
    If you are planning to keep the standard backbox then not worth it, but if you are replacing the backbox as well then probably worth doing.
    I'm currently using the standard Burg backbox until I can find a decent and cheap enough backbox/catback.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

VXRed

Which back box would you recommend? I know remus seems to be the most common, but any other good ones?

VXRed

Full system would be ideal for best sound rather than just the backbox, but I'm keeping an eye out for something like a piper one as I've heard they are nice

VXRed

You also have cobra and milltek, they are most talked about on here

VXRed

Cheers mate, will have a look and see what I like

VXRed

You may also be able to find videos on YouTube and even on this forum, they may also help with your choice

Unless your willing to go catback and some form of de-cat your wasting money and time messing with it.

Cobra are great catback systems and you can pick one up off the bay of fleas for around £200-£250 (there's a couple on there now) BUT I did any wasn't happy until I de-catted, the system now sounds as it should (or at least as they do on Cobras official YouTube site). I was lucky and picked my catback up for £150 and it cost £95 for the main de-cat downpipe (£10 for a spacer), no EML, runs better and I know a nice MOT tester............

Remus is the main one talked about, but again that's a 3 piece removing the secondary. Expect to pay upward of £400 2nd hand.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by churchwxm View Post
    Unless your willing to go catback and some form of de-cat your wasting money and time messing with it.

Cobra are great catback systems and you can pick one up off the bay of fleas for around £200-£250 (there's a couple on there now) BUT I did any wasn't happy until I de-catted, the system now sounds as it should (or at least as they do on Cobras official YouTube site). I was lucky and picked my catback up for £150 and it cost £95 for the main de-cat downpipe (£10 for a spacer), no EML, runs better and I know a nice MOT tester............

Remus is the main one talked about, but again that's a 3 piece removing the secondary. Expect to pay upward of £400 2nd hand.

Is the 200-250 for a cobra cat back second hand yeah? Was it a non resonated one you got? How much louder was it before the decat and did it change the tone much?

VXRed

If I was to go for a cat back, whats people's opinions on custom made vs branded options?

Quote Originally Posted by Rossbrown_1 View Post
    Is the 200-250 for a cobra cat back second hand yeah? Was it a non resonated one you got? How much louder was it before the decat and did it change the tone much?

Yes 2nd hand, they are about £470 most places new.

Catback alone was just a dull loud drone that would of got on my breasts fairly quickly, I then swapped out the main cat and the difference was what I was after, a "proper" raspy exhaust note. The only reason I removed the main and left the secondary was the fact removing the main would see the biggest impact on note and it frees the engine up a little more (obviously) and I believe (someone may correct me here) the secondary standard cat is 200 cell, even with my friendly MOTer there's a cat still in place, that may be enough to pass outright on its own.

I tried catback only and wasn't impressed at all until I de-catted, I smile more under load when driving now .

So, If you don't want to sacrifice your main cat you need to go 3 piece to get the results I reckon your looking for. I've seen more Corsa systems for sale on eBay the last few days than I've seen since I've been searching for bits over the last couple of months.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast