+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed

Default Corsa D handbrake recall

Hi all.

Just had an interesting phone call from vauxhall stating my 57 plate Corsa Vxr has a recall in place to replace a spring within the handbrake?

Anyone else had anything like this? Not being funny, it's a 9 year old car now. Yes it's in pretty fine condition as I have looked after it over the years, but are they seriously recalling a 9 year old car? ****ers wouldn't recall my common rust issue on the front of my bonnet but they wana mess about with a spring within the handbrake!

Seems a bit odd to me. Just curious if anyone else has had this recall? It's interesting to see them interested in a car which, to be fair, is too old for them to worry about.

Only info on recalls I can find on Google is about 1.4 turbo engines catching fire or something strange.

Thanks in advance
    Dave

VXRed blooded

I'm from Slovenia, here we have Opel's, I have my corsa 2008, and it haven't got recal for bonnet to, but I have same problem with my bonnet as you, and drive into my local Opel service and buys photo it send an inquiry to Opel Germany and after 1 mounth I recive call from service and told me that Opel send me a new bonnet. They changed it on warranty, and car was 6 year old. This has been 2014. You make a mistake that you won't go to local service and want a new bonnet, because we have 12 years warranty on ours car.

VXR enough
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

VXRed

I took my car in to Vauxhall a couple months back to fix the centre console lights and aux input. They fixed it which was fine but I did notice when I picked the car up that the handbrake felt different. The handbrake button felt slightly more difficult to push in but the overall mechanism seemed a lot more secure.

After doing a bit of research on the handbrake for these Corsa Ds I'm convinced they did some work on it even though they didn't mention anything to me about it and it had not been reported on the invoice/receipt.

Looking back there has been occasions where I've parked the car with the handbrake up in neutral and have come back to see the car has rolled forward slightly. To me this is a serious fault and should have been rectified years ago.

Oh yea and I too have rust on my bonnet.

Mines in that category, and I have had the car roll slightly on odd occasions but thought nothing of it.

I doubt they'll even consider looking at mine tho. I don't even know the process, do I just go to vx?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SimonVX View Post
    I took my car in to Vauxhall a couple months back to fix the centre console lights and aux input. They fixed it which was fine but I did notice when I picked the car up that the handbrake felt different. The handbrake button felt slightly more difficult to push in but the overall mechanism seemed a lot more secure.

After doing a bit of research on the handbrake for these Corsa Ds I'm convinced they did some work on it even though they didn't mention anything to me about it and it had not been reported on the invoice/receipt.

Looking back there has been occasions where I've parked the car with the handbrake up in neutral and have come back to see the car has rolled forward slightly. To me this is a serious fault and should have been rectified years ago.

Oh yea and I too have rust on my bonnet.
    Yes, this! I was told by one VX garage that the handbrake had a recall and needed some work. Ended up taking it to another dealer for service but my handbrake is now exactly like this too. Button has little movement, they didn't tell me they had done the recall work, but they must have. I often used to come back to the car and the hand brake was not as high as I left it, so I'm glad they did the work that was needed.
    Chilli Orange Panda Corsa BURG #009 is here!!! AND LOVING IT
    Check out my full video review *HERE*

Quote Originally Posted by Craig 522 View Post
    Mines in that category, and I have had the car roll slightly on odd occasions but thought nothing of it.

I doubt they'll even consider looking at mine tho. I don't even know the process, do I just go to vx?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Probs best to call them and they can check if the recall is on their system, which I imagine it will be. Then arrange to pop in for them to fix it. Can't imagine it will take long
    Chilli Orange Panda Corsa BURG #009 is here!!! AND LOVING IT
    Check out my full video review *HERE*

VXRed

Yeah I'd ring them to make sure. Dude told me it would take an hour max to change out. Still strange how they want to do it 9 years on haha. Then they said "and Sir you will get a free health check just to see if there are any other issues..." yeah, no thank you.

I've never noticed any issue with the handbrake or anything before. I do always leave it gear though so I don't think it's ever crossed my mind to check whether it's rolled forward or not.

Update: that link above states start build date 2009. Mines a 57 plate. I reckon they'll check it and say it isn't required... *sigh*
    Last edited by GiGzz; 21st November 2016 at 07:08 PM.

VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

This is a safety issue, reason for the recall on any age cars

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old ne recall has been out for ages
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast