+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

You'll need to check your body loom too then. It's not that difficult to add them in. I had to add everything wiring wise to my Meriva. Including getting standard non electric mirror looms and added all the mirror wiring as well as the folding wires.

Currently Driving - Lotus Carlton - Astra TwinTop - Meriva VXR - Nova GSi

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Keif View Post
    You'll need to check your body loom too then. It's not that difficult to add them in. I had to add everything wiring wise to my Meriva. Including getting standard non electric mirror looms and added all the mirror wiring as well as the folding wires.
    Not checked that yet, kinda just presumed the body side would have them and just the door looms would be different. Looks like the best way to go now is to get a spare loom from the breakers and strip it to get the extra pins/wires.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

VXR newbie

any update for the 2010 models? any ideas how the mirrors differ in size? or can one buy smaller pre 2010 mirror and stick them on??

Quote Originally Posted by gurps74 View Post
    any update for the 2010 models? any ideas how the mirrors differ in size? or can one buy smaller pre 2010 mirror and stick them on??
    Have a look through the thread. 2010 mirrors are taller, I don't think they are any wider so they might use the same base but I could be wrong about that. I'm sure there was a guy earlier on in the thread saying his were factory fit on his 2010 with the larger mirrors so it sounds like it can be done.

I've now fitted this to my Astra TwinTop and all I can say is what a headf**k.

Fitted as instructions and everything was the wrong way round (Folded in when unlocked, Unfolded when deadlocked)
    So swapped the lock/unlock feeds rounds. Worked correctly until.....you turned the Ignition on, they folded in (so you had to unfold manually. Not quite the point really)

So this morning, i've swapped the lock/unlock feeds back to as they should be. Then swapped the unfold and fold feeds from the switch and module to the opposite sides.

It now works as it should, and if you override them with the switch (sat in the car and fold the mirrors in), turning the ignition on unfolds them.

http://vid71.photobucket.com/albums/...psozp0f3hf.mp4

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by gurps74 View Post
    My 2011 VXR (MY10) has the bigger mirrors, noticeably bigger than my friends 2007 VXR. I would have thought the earlier smaller mirrors could easily be retrofitted.

VXRed

I've now fitted this to my Astra TwinTop and all I can say is what a headf**k.

Fitted as instructions and everything was the wrong way round (Folded in when unlocked, Unfolded when deadlocked)
    So swapped the lock/unlock feeds rounds. Worked correctly until.....you turned the Ignition on, they folded in (so you had to unfold manually. Not quite the point really)

So this morning, i've swapped the lock/unlock feeds back to as they should be. Then swapped the unfold and fold feeds from the switch and module to the opposite sides.

It now works as it should, and if you override them with the switch (sat in the car and fold the mirrors in), turning the ignition on unfolds them.

http://vid71.photobucket.com/albums/...psozp0f3hf.mp4
    Just finished this myself. What a headache it was. Took me most part of the day. Mirrors now fold from key fob. However the button on the switch doesn't do anything. All other functions on switch work as they should. Any ideas why I can't use the button.

Think I'm gonna avoid this after reading all these issues lol. Jevienju did it easily apparently lol
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Quote Originally Posted by zaffy View Post
    Any ideas why I can't use the button.
    Did you cut the Black/green and Black Brown wires and put the module "between" them like below?

Quote Originally Posted by jevienju View Post

VXRed

Did you cut the Black/green and Black Brown wires and put the module "between" them like below?
    I had to add the wires to the switch as I don't have the correct loom, but they are wired as per diagram, both retracts together and both extracts together go into module.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast