+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Blowing

Good job mate glad you got it sorted ,hope you gutted your precat while you were in there

No I didn't just won't to get her back together and started to see if I've done a good enough job.

Are you VXR enough?

What sort of job is that to do? What's involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pain in **** ,
    Bat plus tray, gear linkage bracket off,heat shields two turbo one manifold, unplug lamps good fun with them, bracket over pipe off, drop off flexi under neath, expect no room to move and working by touch apart from that EASY laughs me...

Are you VXR enough?

Default Blowing

!!! Did you just happen upon the defect or was it because it was really noticeable? Did I suffer a reduction in performance?

I could smell exhaust gas on starting while sitting in cab ,plus when you stuck your head under the bonnet you could here it blow from the back some ware you can't pin point it, v6spikes worse than mine, I've only got a small crack, just hope the front one doesn't go looks even better to play with.
    I didn't notice at the time but thinking back she was a bit sluggish ,spike has lost quite a lot by the sounds of it.
    Last edited by Jon1796; 9th January 2017 at 08:31 PM.

Well work rang yesterday said don't need me today so, she's now back together and started, did find I had one bolt left which did pee me off thought I'd have to strip her down again, luckerly found I'd missed one,top manifold shield,
    So just waiting for one bolt which I chewed up to come from V and that's done.
    Plus small water leak from expansion tank pipe.
    You don't know how relieved I am it's done what pain off a job when it's cold and wet.
    I was so happy even gave the misses a chocolate bar now that's rare......

Quote Originally Posted by Rockatansky View Post
    !!! Did you just happen upon the defect or was it because it was really noticeable? Did I suffer a reduction in performance?

Same symptoms as Jon has however mine has a second 'note' to her on acceleration (sounds awful but then goes away). i'm just plucking up the courage to tackle this. once I've actually confirmed that this is indeed the cause I'll get all the parts and crack on.
    My Vauxhall history - Opel Kadett, Cavalier 8v, Cavailer CDX, Vectra B SRI (GSI Spec engine)
    Now - 2006 Arden Vectra VXR Estate. Stage 1 remap by MWP. Bilstein B8 shocks (front), Eibach Prosport springs all round, Pioneer AVIC F970DAB HU, Pipercross and Ramair Custom Cones with ASH heat shield.

VXRed

Guys,

as i spoke, i had same problem. This must be a common problem for all. Maybe will be better to place there some heat holding material, because there are big temperature differences which cases this crack. I think that this problem is caused by fast drive and quick cool down of this pipe.

You could off said this before I got it back together and I'm not taking it apart to wrap it now.
    But a very good idea as it seems the bellows are the weakest part and that's where they crack.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast