Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed

Default astra sri/vxr hybrid daily driver project

hey this is my 2006 astra SRI 170 which cost me £1800

i bought the car dead std and when got it home realised how drab it was to ddrive so decided a service was needed and a good polish. i also bought some denso plugs and gasket for the rocker cover.

after this i heard about the crossover delete kits and decided to give it a go and while doing that decided to change all the pipes for a hard pipe kit as the old ones were perished and put on a ram air filter for now as going to do the cdti conversion when a swap for a bigger MAF. i also changed the oil breather pipe and hoses for a stainless one as the original had rusted to nothing as well as change the back water pipe that kept emptying the engine of ater i might add everytime it got up to temperature ( reason i got the car so cheap was due to suspected head issues lol )

then i had the windows tinted but still undicided.

then i heard about the pre cat and decat and ordered one of each as well as a l shape adapter for the lambda sensor. i also baught a wiring kit from courtney for the MAF but havent got round to fitting it as not sure if im keeper the crossover delete yet.

i have just reciever the FMIC and will sort the pipe work out once i buy the top hat as i am going for the one that comes with the MAP sensor in it.

i know its not a VXR but i cant insure one for another 2 years lol

hopefully next project will be the clutch and timing belt as dont want to have car mapped before i know they can both take it then possibly swap the exhaust for a 3" system and sell the 2.5" items.

cheers

mick

nice

not lowered the car yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

VXRed

hi thanks, not yet as got a few jobs to do underneath and from past experience it just makes life harder when working under the car but am planning on coilovers, i cant remember the last car i owned that didnt have them on lol. i will say the current suspension is terrible as even at the current power is not up to the job in my oppinion.

i am not looking forward to the clutch but know its needed to go any further and be reliable lol.

mick

lol yeah no what you mean, you doing to work your self?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

VXRed

yeah im quite looking forward to it as my normal car of choice was a fiat bravo 20v turbo for years and then had a family so breaking myself back in with this little toy all that said i do like how accessable everything is lol no more engine out jobs makes me smile haha.

i have heard that the inlet cam from the z20xe is a good upgrade for the turbo engines , is there any truth in this?

VXRed

just looking at coolers what size is the intercooler u bought

VXRed

mine is 550x300x55 the idea was it would fit in without any fan mods and it flows up to 500cfm too at just less than .35 mach so good for up to 400bhp in theory lol

VXRed

where abouts did u get it from mick pal

VXRed

hi fella these guys

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/uk-perform...72.m2749.l2754

it is a decent company from what i gather and no silly claims of power increases lol

mick

VXRed

fcctftctcttxuttx
    Last edited by z20mick; 27th February 2017 at 02:23 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast