+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dalle1985 View Post
    The scene here in Denmark is fairly small (they only ever sold about 80 cars here) and I've spoken to probably 12 or 15 of them. Two had the chains replaced, both courtesy of Opel. My local garage have replaced a haldex unit on one - courtesy of Opel. I really do think they have a reputation they don't deserve, yes there are issues, but name a german performance sedan and I'll name at least three issues with each of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Just for fun

Mercedes c63amg
    Brimfull's Vauxhall History, Cavalier Sri 8v, 2x Calibra 16v, Omega V6, Vectra B Gsi, 2x Vectra C Sri 2.2, Vectra C Sri Cdti 150, Meriva Design, Astra Ls, Vectra Vxr

Challenge accepted

So just to start off with, donyou mean beyond the US class action lawsuit on cam shafts wearing out and spreading metal filings in the finely honed engine? Beyond that, we have an oil cooler which has an oil hose which is prone to leak and if you don't catch it, the hose will pop off and empty the engine of oil in three seconds flat - which is more than a little annoying if you are doing 155 on the autobahn.
    On top of that, there have been reports of head bolts cracking - leaking oil all over the engine - not a big deal... If it wasn't for the fact that MB will charge you, and please grab onto something here - 7000 quid to replace them, as they have to dismantle half the engine to get at them.

On the niggle list is high oil consumption, squeaks from most of the cabin work, the odd electrical gremlins and the list goes on. There is a 15 page forum on mbworld on it. And that is only the W204 model.

But i will give you, this is probably the more solid of the compact performance trio.

2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

Challenge accepted

So just to start off with, donyou mean beyond the US class action lawsuit on cam shafts wearing out and spreading metal filings in the finely honed engine? Beyond that, we have an oil cooler which has an oil hose which is prone to leak and if you don't catch it, the hose will pop off and empty the engine of oil in three seconds flat - which is more than a little annoying if you are doing 155 on the autobahn.
    On top of that, there have been reports of head bolts cracking - leaking oil all over the engine - not a big deal... If it wasn't for the fact that MB will charge you, and please grab onto something here - 7000 quid to replace them, as they have to dismantle half the engine to get at them.

On the niggle list is high oil consumption, squeaks from most of the cabin work, the odd electrical gremlins and the list goes on. There is a 15 page forum on mbworld on it. And that is only the W204 model.

But i will give you, this is probably the more solid of the compact performance trio.

there you have it an insignia vxr is less problematic than a quality German performance car ����
    Brimfull's Vauxhall History, Cavalier Sri 8v, 2x Calibra 16v, Omega V6, Vectra B Gsi, 2x Vectra C Sri 2.2, Vectra C Sri Cdti 150, Meriva Design, Astra Ls, Vectra Vxr

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Brimfull View Post
    Just for fun

Mercedes c63amg
    You are a nasty nasty man.

VXRed

Challenge accepted

Dalle are you married?

VXRed

Well thanks guys, I no longer dislike the Insignia VXR. I now hate all cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Doorman View Post
    Dalle are you married?
    Yes - and she is a very understanding woman I spent half a year researching my last car and considered the C63 - unfortunately my budget would only stretching to an 08 model (which was 60k quid in 2014 due to crazy taxes in Denmark) and it would cost me 200£ pr month in tax and insurance...

But my point is that I went through all the Performance and perf-1 models, and they all have something which will ruin your Day.

The good thing about the siggy is that because of it being an Opel, the warranty insurance on it is quite cheap (200 pr year vs. 600 on an 2006 S6 which BTW also have some serious chain issues with a 5k Bill to fix)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

VXRed

Yes - and she is a very understanding woman I spent half a year researching my last car and considered the C63 - unfortunately my budget would only stretching to an 08 model (which was 60k quid in 2014 due to crazy taxes in Denmark) and it would cost me 200£ pr month in tax and insurance...

But my point is that I went through all the Performance and perf-1 models, and they all have something which will ruin your Day.

The good thing about the siggy is that because of it being an Opel, the warranty insurance on it is quite cheap (200 pr year vs. 600 on an 2006 S6 which BTW also have some serious chain issues with a 5k Bill to fix)

Is she real?

I was looking at the C63 as well, but the facelift model. Not for another 12-18 months yet. But you have kinda put me off. Also looking at F10 M5 or RS5.

VXRed

Default Looking to buy a Insignia VXR.

I'm not judging based on this forum alone, it's also through personal experience. The gentleman that started this thread didn't go onto a forum where the members gush about how good their cars are and how lucky they are to own them. He came here and asked the questions and I answered him honestly and truthfully. I think this forum gives a good reflection of how it is. It isn't just VXR but VX in general.
    Dalle yourself and the guys that had your chains replaced are very lucky as it is Opel you deal with.
    With regards to other German sedans, we arn't talking about them, the Insignia is the topic.
    I said minefield in my origonal comment, but that was wrong. Minefield implies hidden expenses, but all the repairs and expenses are quite clearly known and out in the open regarding these cars.
    So to D1CKY I would say, yes buy one, but make sure you have about 5k in your pocket "in case" something goes wrong.

I keep searching and I'll take Dalle with me 😜

Oh dear.
    Seems I have started something 🙄

Last edited by D1CKY; 14th January 2017 at 03:53 PM.

VXRed

Dalle are you married?

My thoughts too 😂😂😂

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast