+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Hes Just shopped for all that for you mate
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Are you VXR enough?

Are the Brembo's a big improvement over standard?

Are you VXR enough?

That is everything you need. Then upgrade the discs and pads

Are you VXR enough?

They are a improvement. Not quite 8 pot ksport but half the price. I used mine at the Nurburgring with crap pads and old standard discs and they held up. I have not tried them with the new discs and pads

The vectra vxr upgrade front and rear is a really good set up on the astra vxr, i have the rears on mine with APs on the front but know a few guys running them on front and rear and they are really impressed by them with no handling issues either, will be much better set up than the standard brakes which are rubbish
    Rabbid Tuned Stage 4.5 - 355bhp - TD S3 Hybrid, AET ported exhaust manifold, TS 10psi actuator, TS recirc valve, Full 3" Piper decat non-res exhaust, Forge intercooler, AEM dual nozzle WMI kit, cdti hose with AEM cone, Regal cams, Klasen inlet manifold, Piper single valve springs, Percy retainers, PEC i-beam rods+ARP bolts, Skimmed Head, Protec 340lph fuel pump, Siemens 630cc injectors, AP front big brake kit, Vectra VXR rear brake conversion

Are you VXR enough?

When the time comes I am tempted to go Vectra to be honest. Just worry that everyone seems to say they are heavy! I had an R26 Megane with the Brembo's and didn't feel they were any if at all better than the vxr set up. But that was all standard I suppose with upgraded pads discs and lines they would be better still.

VXRed

Id be wary of people perceptions tbh and the use of the word "better" Many people running the big V6 brakes on Corsa B's said it was "the best/brilliant" it was absolute dog ****. Ask yourself why all the big brake kits made have lightweight monoblock calipers and ally bells? Its not for looks....

I agree the standard set up on the H seems pretty dire, in fact I would say it is the worst aspect of the car as stock.

Unsprung weight is completely undesirable on a car. It will destroy the turn in, make the car feel odd and whilst I have no experience so this is a bit of a guess, spongy brake pedal as well due to the master cylinder staying stock??
    Vectra set up looks good granted, but doesn't seem to be cheap so I really don't see the appeal when you can get a lightweight monoblock ally caliper like a brembo off the Megane/Corsa VXR. Will improve feel (kit needs braided lines & you have the extra smaller pistons) and should be a far better set up than standard, even using the standard discs/pads.

The Brembo setup is not a big brake kit, it is simply an improved design over standard. Quite a few people run this set up as it seems to be great VFM. I would be picking a 4-pot caliper over a single pot vectra set up.

If you want the big brake kit then many many people on here (as well as M3cutters) recommend K-sports given the cost/size/spec.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticH View Post
    Id be wary of people perceptions tbh and the use of the word "better" Many people running the big V6 brakes on Corsa B's said it was "the best/brilliant" it was absolute dog ****. Ask yourself why all the big brake kits made have lightweight monoblock calipers and ally bells? Its not for looks....

I agree the standard set up on the H seems pretty dire, in fact I would say it is the worst aspect of the car as stock.

Unsprung weight is completely undesirable on a car. It will destroy the turn in, make the car feel odd and whilst I have no experience so this is a bit of a guess, spongy brake pedal as well due to the master cylinder staying stock??
    Vectra set up looks good granted, but doesn't seem to be cheap so I really don't see the appeal when you can get a lightweight monoblock ally caliper like a brembo off the Megane/Corsa VXR. Will improve feel (kit needs braided lines & you have the extra smaller pistons) and should be a far better set up than standard, even using the standard discs/pads.

The Brembo setup is not a big brake kit, it is simply an improved design over standard. Quite a few people run this set up as it seems to be great VFM. I would be picking a 4-pot caliper over a single pot vectra set up.

If you want the big brake kit then many many people on here (as well as M3cutters) recommend K-sports given the cost/size/spec.
    Thanks for that
    Building Astra VXR Hillclimb & Sprint car

What is the car used for? Just road or occasional / lots of track use?

If you want a little improvement for road use over standard - Braided lines, decent fluid and upgraded pads will be perfectly adequate.

Road and Occasional Track use - Same set up could be used as above if using ds2500 pads

Track car - Proper big brake kit (Ksport cheapest option, AP Racing would next level up - higher cost). Again pads Ds2500 or Ds3000 dependent on usage of car

Also tyres are a major factor, can have the best brake kit in the world, if you have awful tyres you'll just skid anyway
    Arden Astra VXR Cobra turbo back non-res, Direct route intake, Mfact Plated Diff, Airtec fmic, RARB, DAP's, Enhance Gearbox Breather, RND Droplinks, Heko's, Courts Braided Lines, DS2500 pads, Superblue fluid, led plate bulbs, side lights, fogs, Blue interior led's Forge recirc + actuator, stage 3 map Cams + more to come Build Thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...6-X8-DUD-Arden

Are you VXR enough?

Track car I would avoid ksport and the vectra setup. Either go for decent pads with the standard calipers or go all out on ap. this is where I rate the brembo setup. It's better than standard brakes, lighter than vectra setup and cheaper than 8 pots

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast