+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed blooded

Default Is the bottom end on a SRI same as VXR?

Noticed the engine code bottom end for SRI is A16LEL, VXR is A16LER

Looked up the specs
    The SRI is restricted at 150bhp
    The VXR is deristricted to 192bhp

I am planning on using a good condition SRI bottom end with a VXR top end all to go back into a 08 plate VXR

Will I lose any power or is it all the same engine and is only mapped by the ECU?

Or is the bottom ends different? I.e. Stroke type, making them more/less power

Thanks

VXR enough

Wrong.

SRI is Z16LEL, they were only made for 2 years so not long enough to equipped with the later A16.

But in answer to your question the bottom ends are virtually the same...the only difference i'm aware of is the SRI doesn't have under piston oil spray jets which won't make any difference in reality. They are just "mapped down" to 150 via the ECU which is one reason they stopped selling them; people were buying them and mapping them up to VXR power and getting cheap insurance.

Your SRI BE/VXR head plan will work fine.
    Corsa SRI Turbo

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    Wrong.

SRI is Z16LEL, they were only made for 2 years so not long enough to equipped with the later A16.

But in answer to your question the bottom ends are virtually the same...the only difference i'm aware of is the SRI doesn't have under piston oil spray jets which won't make any difference in reality. They are just "mapped down" to 150 via the ECU which is one reason they stopped selling them; people were buying them and mapping them up to VXR power and getting cheap insurance.

Your SRI BE/VXR head plan will work fine.
    Thanks for clearing up the engine codes for me, I confused myself when trying to write this but glad you was able to see what I wanted, this will help me now rebuild my engine

VXR enough

No worries.

I believe the under piston jets are just bolted on (i.e. its not a block with "extra holes") so you could probably fit them if you really wanted.

Doesn't make much difference tho - my SRI has been at over 200bhp for 2 years without any issues they're not needed
    Corsa SRI Turbo

VXRed blooded

Thumbs up

I read that SRI has under piston jets too as VXR. But my GSi(SRi) is now at rebuild and we will see from first hand if it's true or not. If it doesn't have then, we will add them.

VXRed blooded

Now I can confirm that bottom end from GSi /SRi is the same as VXR one. Now my mechanic have my engine (Z16LEL, year 2008 ) disassembled and I HAVE OIL spray jets like Z16LER.

Now we can close this thread.

VXR enough

That's interesting, thanks for the info.

So differences are just down to ECU alone.
    Corsa SRI Turbo

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    That's interesting, thanks for the info.

So differences are just down to ECU alone.
    True.

+ Reply to Thread