+ Reply to Thread
    Are you VXR enough?

Default Suspension set up

I have a new set of dap springs to fit and before I do is it worth going for a set of bilstein shocks. I only want to fit them once. Obviously bilstein is going to be a good setup but are the daps ok to use with my standard ids struts ? Thannks

most run daps with standard shocks as I do
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

Are you VXR enough?

Are they ok like that ?

yeah iv had no problems, have had daps on for 5 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

If you have IDS suspension as standard, id check with courts as not sure they are compatible (worth double checking anyway).

I run daps with standard shocks, fine for road use. I debated b8's but eventual plan is to go fully adjustable so haven't bothered changing them over
    Arden Astra VXR Cobra turbo back non-res, Direct route intake, Mfact Plated Diff, Airtec fmic, RARB, DAP's, Enhance Gearbox Breather, RND Droplinks, Heko's, Courts Braided Lines, DS2500 pads, Superblue fluid, led plate bulbs, side lights, fogs, Blue interior led's Forge recirc + actuator, stage 3 map Cams + more to come Build Thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...6-X8-DUD-Arden

DAP road spec are fine on standard shocks even with IDS

It's the race spec ones that should ideally be run with a shortened damper like the B8

But if you plan on doing dampers why not just go all out drop the DAPs and go B14 coils?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you VXR enough?

I already have the dap springs. I don't want coilovers. I drive abroad once a year and can't live with the harsh ride. Even good ones are still to hard

B8's should be fine for what you need bud, comfy enough still without being too harsher ride. You run 18" or 19" wheels?
    Arden Astra VXR Cobra turbo back non-res, Direct route intake, Mfact Plated Diff, Airtec fmic, RARB, DAP's, Enhance Gearbox Breather, RND Droplinks, Heko's, Courts Braided Lines, DS2500 pads, Superblue fluid, led plate bulbs, side lights, fogs, Blue interior led's Forge recirc + actuator, stage 3 map Cams + more to come Build Thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...6-X8-DUD-Arden

Are you VXR enough?

I'm running 18s now

Will be fine then, 19's just run harshly in general.

+ Reply to Thread