+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scalextric

Default Scalextric

So, thanks to a thread on another forum that I'm registered on, I've re-discovered my love of Scalextric and am gathering bits to put a permanent track out in the loft.

So far I've got some stuff I had left from my youth, some track and barriers I picked up for next to nothing, and some cars (VX of course - 2 Calibras so far, just missed out on a nice Vectra) I've ordered off eBay.

My loft is 50% boarded (and carpeted) already so just small extensions required to complete the suitable area for a decent sized track.

Does anyone else have a setup they'd like to share pics of (for gloating and inspiration)?

And does anyone have some stuff they want to get rid of (donate for beers tokens is the best currency)?
    Last edited by MikeyP247; 10th January 2017 at 12:19 PM.
    MikeyP - Meriva

VXR enough

Sadly I think all my kit got sold/given away years ago.

I had the set with the 2 x Datsun pickup trucks so circa 1985 I think (?)...also had a grey Scania race truck and red Porsche 911.

I got mine the same year as a trainset (which i still have) - I've had plans to get that setup in the loft so can appreciate your mission!
    Corsa SRI Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    Sadly I think all my kit got sold/given away years ago.

I had the set with the 2 x Datsun pickup trucks so circa 1985 I think (?)...also had a grey Scania race truck and red Porsche 911.

I got mine the same year as a trainset (which i still have) - I've had plans to get that setup in the loft so can appreciate your mission!
    My kit is circa the same time - forget what cars it was though. I believe my Uncle had most of my stuff about 15 years ago (he swears blind he didn't - but is digging it out to donate back so we'll see) so when I finally get to my folks to pick up what's left I'll probably be shocked.

The stuff I got from eBay for peanuts has about 40 pieces of track, complete with a few rusty sections, so will clean/bin those. Also has a transformer, some barriers and 2 controllers. On the whole it looks to be about 40 usable pieces there, so not too bad for the £8 I paid.

My brother had the train track, simple oval. It's still up there in storage - he will NEVER part with it.

I'm after some scenery (ideas?) too. Pit lane etc are the obvious, but what else could I get to add some interest. Saw a 1:32 helicopter the other day and there are lots of farm equipment available.
    MikeyP - Meriva

Ever a child
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    Ever a child
    You know me already mate.
    MikeyP - Meriva

Only one I ever had had Valentino rossi and loris capirossi

I have three sets plus some expansion packs that I have collected over the last couple of years, just got permission from the other half to build a set for the grandkids! Plan at the moment is a hinged 10x4 base in the garden shed/summer house, just trying to get over how much space you need!

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Quote Originally Posted by moeman View Post
    I have three sets plus some expansion packs that I have collected over the last couple of years, just got permission from the other half to build a set for the grandkids! Plan at the moment is a hinged 10x4 base in the garden shed/summer house, just trying to get over how much space you need!
    They'll love that!

I have a summer house that would be perfect.

Sadly the wife wants to use that in the summer...
    MikeyP - Meriva

hence the hinges, stored against the back wall and folded down when time to play

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast