+ Reply to Thread

Default Assistance needed

Hi people, I knew it wouldn't be long until I'm posting in here

I bought a mk 5 astra vxr the other day, got it in the workshop today to have a look round it. Coolant hose split and ordered but my problem is lights.

Going to look deeper and start pulling apart tomos, it has hid's fitted and had led sidelights in. One of the sidelights was flashing and the other only some of the led was working. When I put a new bulb in it works for a second then turns off. I checked the voltage and am only getting 0.26 volts on both sides.

Also when I turn on the headlights the nearside one flames momentarily then works fine.
    Do the sidelights run through the ballast pack as well? Are they dropping the current or is this a dreaded can bus thing

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Regional Assistant - Scotland West f1slikki's Avatar

Hi mate and welcome to vxro,are they canbus error free you have in if not they will flicker and play up.ive got the smd canbus error free in sidelights and numberplate and never had any issues
    Arden Astra H VXR/Stage 2/6k Afl's/19"Gloss Black Alloys/Powerfold Mirrors/Sight & Light Pack/Parking Sensors/Keyless Entry,Start/Full Remus&Oil Restrictor Bolt By Jigger/Blue,Red SMD By Stampede/Drilled & Grooved Discs/Tints/Green Cotton Filter/Carbon Iinlays/VXR Grill Badge/Private 3D Gel Carbon Plate/Team Hekos/Stubby Bmw Ariel/Debadged//Indicator Surrounds/C,C Bootstrip/Led Side & Plate Lights/VXRO Stickers/

I don't think they are no, I just grabbed some we had on the shelf. I think where I got the car from done the same but I didn't notice when I bought it.

Problem solved. Found some bulbs my car actually likes. Now onto the high co readings on emmisions

VXRacing ahead

If they play up again stick some resistors on. For your emissions, what exhaust setup are you running?

Pre cat is removed and have the oem main cat with what looks like stock cat back

+ Reply to Thread