+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

VXRed

Default Fmic question anyone

Right guys ive decided that this year i wanna do some mods to the engine and looking at a fmic to start i already have piper cross filter and remus full system and mapped but i really cant justify paying the £500 £600 bill on a cooler when i only do about 500 miles a year in the car so looking at post on some of the cheaper fmic and some universal ones and seen some ppl get good results using them, so whats the best sort of fmic to use without killing the bank and what kind of size will be best if i went for a universal one im not saying im going to buy a £50 cooler and get £500 cooler results i just not sure what im really looking for and im sure this has been covered some time ago i have been looking at some toyosport ones but not sure if it the right size but seen others but with no name but look quite good,so whats the crack with them before i just decide to scrap the idea and just leave it sat in the garage abit longer lol

Regional Assistant - Essex Hey Mr Chicken badboyburt's Avatar

For 500 miles a year you will see ZERO benefit no matter how much you spend on a cooler.

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Quote Originally Posted by badboyburt View Post
    For 500 miles a year you will see ZERO benefit no matter how much you spend on a cooler.
    This sums it up
    Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :F56 Mini JCW - Stage 2; 305bhp/440nm

VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

Default Fmic question anyone

As above, do not waste your money

If you do go down the fmic route, the map would have to be tweaked to get the full benefits

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VXRed

i could have put a million quid some one would put that just becuase i dont do 10k a year in it hahaha i still like to tinker with the car as its my hobby and my interest and its somert i like to do thats why i have nothing more left to do apart from do a few suitable mods to the engine and some nice pipe work acutator stuff like that but want to put a cooler on it as a starting point

Dna cooler is very good and they are only about 300-350
    Rabbid Tuned Stage 4.5 - 355bhp - TD S3 Hybrid, AET ported exhaust manifold, TS 10psi actuator, TS recirc valve, Full 3" Piper decat non-res exhaust, Forge intercooler, AEM dual nozzle WMI kit, cdti hose with AEM cone, Regal cams, Klasen inlet manifold, Piper single valve springs, Percy retainers, PEC i-beam rods+ARP bolts, Skimmed Head, Protec 340lph fuel pump, Siemens 630cc injectors, AP front big brake kit, Vectra VXR rear brake conversion

I wouldn't bother unless you intend to map the car.

You would be best off spending 360 quid or whatever and taking the car to Rabbid and having a nice Stage 1 tune on it 👍🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you VXR enough?

If you have an induction and a Remus I would say it's definitely worth adding a cooler if your going to get your map tweaked or even a fresh map.

I'm sure you can pick up MTC kits for £300 and they have seen good results. Pretty much the same kit as the DNA kit I believe.

I did choose Airtec myself as they are tried and tested I will add as a disclaimer before Ry checks this thread again

Are you VXR enough?

I'm in the same boat. I have owned my car for 3 years and I have just done over 2k in that time. I just bought a mtc cooler at £330 then got the enlarged tophat and map pipe for £100. I also added a cam and a few other bits. Mtc is well tried and tested now. It's a direct fit and looks good. Even if I do 500 miles this year I still want it to be a fun 500 miles

Yeah mtc or dna cooler are both great value for money, nearly sure they are the same just branded differently
    Rabbid Tuned Stage 4.5 - 355bhp - TD S3 Hybrid, AET ported exhaust manifold, TS 10psi actuator, TS recirc valve, Full 3" Piper decat non-res exhaust, Forge intercooler, AEM dual nozzle WMI kit, cdti hose with AEM cone, Regal cams, Klasen inlet manifold, Piper single valve springs, Percy retainers, PEC i-beam rods+ARP bolts, Skimmed Head, Protec 340lph fuel pump, Siemens 630cc injectors, AP front big brake kit, Vectra VXR rear brake conversion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast