+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cal93 View Post
    If you have an induction and a Remus I would say it's definitely worth adding a cooler if your going to get your map tweaked or even a fresh map.

I'm sure you can pick up MTC kits for £300 and they have seen good results. Pretty much the same kit as the DNA kit I believe.

I did choose Airtec myself as they are tried and tested I will add as a disclaimer before Ry checks this thread again
    Airtec...good lad 👍🏼

Even though I'm running Forge now I'd love to change for an Airtec as it was running at it max when I last had the map tweaked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Ry changing over cooler would be a good shout, my forge really struggled with intake temps, was a massive reason i went for a dual nozzle on my water meth kit so i could place a nozzle before the map sensor so the ecu could see the lower intake temps, my temps without the water meth were really high. Compared to what other told me their airtec or even mtc coolers etc were running my forge temps were much much higher.

When i fitted the nozzle before my temps didnt even increase under load or a pull, if they did it was very minimal and sometimes they even decreased lol To be honest if your spending money go for a water meth kit and place the nozzle before the map sensor or fit a dual nozzle and have 1 before and 1 after the map sensor, then there is absolutely no need to change your forge cooler at all as the intake temps wont be an issue and you will also get the benefits of a higher octane so you will be able to run far more ignition timing than is possible on even 99 fuel which will mean more power when getting a map tweak
    Last edited by stevenbarrowVXR; 11th January 2017 at 12:34 PM.
    Rabbid Tuned Stage 4.5 - 355bhp - TD S3 Hybrid, AET ported exhaust manifold, TS 10psi actuator, TS recirc valve, Full 3" Piper decat non-res exhaust, Forge intercooler, AEM dual nozzle WMI kit, cdti hose with AEM cone, Regal cams, Klasen inlet manifold, Piper single valve springs, Percy retainers, PEC i-beam rods+ARP bolts, Skimmed Head, Protec 340lph fuel pump, Siemens 630cc injectors, AP front big brake kit, Vectra VXR rear brake conversion

Quote Originally Posted by stevenbarrowVXR View Post
    Yeah Ry changing over cooler would be a good shout, my forge really struggled with intake temps, was a massive reason i went for a dual nozzle on my water meth kit so i could place a nozzle before the map sensor so the ecu could see the lower intake temps, my temps without the water meth were really high, compared to what other told me their airtec or even mtc coolers etc were running my forge temps were much much higher. When i fitted the nozzle before my temps didnt even increase under load or a pull, sometimes even decreased lol To be honest if your spending money go for a water meth kit and place the nozzle before the map sensor or fit a dual nozzle and have 1 before and 1 after the map sensor, then there is absolutely no need to change your forge cooler as the intake temps wont be an issue at all and you will also get the benefits of a higher octane so you will be able to run far more ignition timing than is possible on even 99 fuel which will mean more power
    I remember you saying that previously Ste. If the car became a non daily I probably would go down that route. At present I can see me going through a lot of meth lol

Currently on the hunt for a more daily barge for ferrying the kids too and from school and a work horse as and when I need it

Awh right cant mind telling you that lol To be honest i use my car as a daily and i use very little meth as it only starts spraying at a certain boost pressure and only fully turns on at a higher boost level, so when im driving in and around the town im rarely on boost so the meth doesnt really get use unless im giving the car a bit so its not like octane booster or high octane fuel which is getting used at all times, water meth is different thats why it is such a good mod
    Rabbid Tuned Stage 4.5 - 355bhp - TD S3 Hybrid, AET ported exhaust manifold, TS 10psi actuator, TS recirc valve, Full 3" Piper decat non-res exhaust, Forge intercooler, AEM dual nozzle WMI kit, cdti hose with AEM cone, Regal cams, Klasen inlet manifold, Piper single valve springs, Percy retainers, PEC i-beam rods+ARP bolts, Skimmed Head, Protec 340lph fuel pump, Siemens 630cc injectors, AP front big brake kit, Vectra VXR rear brake conversion

Ah ok. I'll bear that in mind then. What's the cost of the kit and fitting and refilling the tank?

But ...... isn't airtec a forge design copy
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    But ...... isn't airtec a forge design copy
    Airtec is better for one reason or another

Quote Originally Posted by VXRRy View Post
    Airtec is better for one reason or another

Well makes no odds to me as that's the cooler I have

I just thought it was virtually the same.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Airtec...good lad 👍🏼

Even though I'm running Forge now I'd love to change for an Airtec as it was running at it max when I last had the map tweaked

I picked it up for £440 brand new in colours I wanted mate can't argue with that!

Ah ok. I'll bear that in mind then. What's the cost of the kit and fitting and refilling the tank?

Price of the kit has went up since brexit and the value of the pound dropping against the dollar, think the kits are about £350 or so now, if you go dual nozzle add about another £50 and id recommend buying an inline filter as well for it, they about £30.

Fitting you could do yourself if you any good with wiring or know anybody who is, me and my mate wired and fitted mine, only thing we had to get done was a plate welded onto the cooler pipework to mount the nozzle. The meth itself is about £1/litre and you mix it 50/50 with water. I bought 50 litres about 18 months ago, gave a fella i know about 15-20 litres of meth out of it and i only made up my last batch last week with what i had left and that should do me for another couple of months or so depending on how i drive the car i suppose lol Really is the best mod ive done to my car by far, id recommend it to anybody. To fill up the AEM tank takes about 4 litres or maybe a bit more, so say 2 litres of meth and 2 litres of water so a tank costs roughly £2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast