+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed

Default Rear interior light problems

I have had untold issues with my rear interior light. About 3 weeks after owning the vehicle one of the rear lights blew so I purchased a replacement canbus error free from fleebay ( not the cheap ones was around £7.00 ). Fitted these and they just flickered then stopped work. I have tried a variety of bulbs and smd since then canbus + none canbus ones but I can not seem to find ones that actually bloody work!. I tried a new rear light unit complete and it is the same issue, if I put in the normal dull capless orange bulbs they were fine but look terrible.

someone please point me in the correct direction, Many thanks

I bought a full kit to upgrade all standard interior bulbs to smd and had trouble with the rear light. Bought some normal bulbs in super white and been fine ever since. Have you just tried standard bulb?
    Stage 2, Remus, DAPs, direct route aem, de badged, double din screen, wind deflectors, tints all round, gloss black fog surrounds window trim boot strip and all honeycombe, insignia washer jets, led side lights and 6k hid kit.

I have covered this issue so many times I'll give u the same answer and it's worked for everyone else mine have been in around 2 years no problems since

The LEDs u are using will be double polarity it will be confusing the canbus so you need to mask off a terminal either side to replicate a standard bulb this will sort your issues :-)
    Red calipers , factory fitted full AFL's , painted bootstrip , cobra Exhaust ,19 inch diamond cut alloys, full tinted glass,de wipered, metal pressed plates,maxton front splitter, Team heko wind deflectors, vxr grille badge...

Red calipers , factory fitted full AFL's , painted bootstrip , cobra Exhaust ,19 inch diamond cut alloys, full tinted glass,de wipered, metal pressed plates,maxton front splitter, Team heko wind deflectors, vxr grille badge...

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Matt702 View Post
    I bought a full kit to upgrade all standard interior bulbs to smd and had trouble with the rear light. Bought some normal bulbs in super white and been fine ever since. Have you just tried standard bulb?

I tried normal bulbs and work perfectly fine.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Probert993 View Post
    I have covered this issue so many times I'll give u the same answer and it's worked for everyone else mine have been in around 2 years no problems since

The LEDs u are using will be double polarity it will be confusing the canbus so you need to mask off a terminal either side to replicate a standard bulb this will sort your issues :-)
    Right ok, So i'm assuming you mask off a positive on one side then a negative on the other?

+ - Mask off positive
    _ + Mask off negative ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabzz_94 View Post
    Right ok, So i'm assuming you mask off a positive on one side then a negative on the other?

+ - Mask off positive
    _ + Mask off negative ?
    Yes mask off a plus and minus diagonallly literally replicate a standard bulb

I had the same issue and masked off the terminals and the LEDs worked fine for a while, sometimes weeks, and then suddenly would stop working.

I found that if you removed the entire light unit, unplugged it and then reconnected it again, it would work for days, maybe even weeks, but then would stop again.

In the end I went back to standard bulbs!

Quote Originally Posted by VinPetrol View Post
    I had the same issue and masked off the terminals and the LEDs worked fine for a while, sometimes weeks, and then suddenly would stop working.

I found that if you removed the entire light unit, unplugged it and then reconnected it again, it would work for days, maybe even weeks, but then would stop again.

In the end I went back to standard bulbs!
    I think a lot of that will be the bulbs I have left a link on here many times for the ones I use and others have said how good they are and as said mine have been in now easily 18 months and never once had an issue mate

Link again please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast