+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: dash cam

I also got the next base one for Christmas. Using the supplied mount, I fixed it to the passengers side of the windscreen just beside the rear view mirror beneath the black strip. I ran the wire along the top of the head lining and then down the rubber seal at the a pillar. I then ran it along the bottom of the glove and along the side of the centre console into the 12v in the rear. You can't as we the cable at all and the camera works great

Quote Originally Posted by Mjrsharpe View Post
    I also got the next base one for Christmas. Using the supplied mount, I fixed it to the passengers side of the windscreen just beside the rear view mirror beneath the black strip. I ran the wire along the top of the head lining and then down the rubber seal at the a pillar. I then ran it along the bottom of the glove and along the side of the centre console into the 12v in the rear. You can't as we the cable at all and the camera works great
    what about the sensor behind the rear view? isnt it obstructing it? ive decided to put it at the passenger side for now until the new mount comes

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi, I have the Nextbase 402G in mine and have it hard wired into the car. I too thought it looked to bluky with the windscreen mount that came with the camera, so used this instead...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Transcend-...item463ade1177

Far better!!
    *** Cavalier MK3 SRi 130 > Astra J SRi 2.0 CDTi 160 VX Line > GTC SRi 1.6T 180 VX Line > Astra GTC VXR 280 ***

Quote Originally Posted by srea064 View Post
    Hi, I have the Nextbase 402G in mine and have it hard wired into the car. I too thought it looked to bluky with the windscreen mount that came with the camera, so used this instead...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Transcend-...item463ade1177

Far better!!
    nice one thats the one mikey suggested, see how i go with the one from amazon, cheers all for the help

I also got one for christmas Blackvue dr650gw-2ch and hard wired it into the car. Took the glovebox out and wired into one of the many many cables next to the footwell.
    Astra J VXR - Summit White

VXRacing ahead

Just a thought -- dash came are good or are they? -- they can also be incriminating with the police having the legal right to confiscate them after a accident -- if you've got a cam that shows time, date and speed be aware with a loop recorder that speeding habits will have been recorded well before or leading up to a incident -- think twice

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Leo View Post
    Just a thought -- dash came are good or are they? -- they can also be incriminating with the police having the legal right to confiscate them after a accident -- if you've got a cam that shows time, date and speed be aware with a loop recorder that speeding habits will have been recorded well before or leading up to a incident -- think twice
    think if youre going to be speeding or other criminal activities whatever they might be just take it out

VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver93 View Post
    think if youre going to be speeding or other criminal activities whatever they might be just take it out

This will be most of the time, I doubt anyone keeps to the speed limit lol

Quote Originally Posted by vr55vxr View Post
    This will be most of the time, I doubt anyone keeps to the speed limit lol
    there minor speeding and major speeding though isnt there 😂

VXRed blooded

Terrible idea having a dash cam, give it to the Mrs

Why on Earth would you want to provide evidence for your potential traffic offence conviction? Of course, unless you drive like an angel of course! But, having a vxr, I'm kind of doubting that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast