+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Clearance?

Are you VXR enough? Nurburgring 223's Avatar

Default Clearance?

Anybody on here lowered their car 50mm with a set of 225-40-18 tyres on?
    Does it rub the arches?
    Astra VXR GTC, Summit White, Aero Pack, Performance Seat Pack, AFL's, Sat Nav, Climate Control, Tints! SOLD

VXR enough

I think most people will tell you not to go that low on a Corsa.

It won't rub though, although you might have issues with the front bumper and road debris...
    Corsa SRI Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Nurburgring 223 View Post
    Anybody on here lowered their car 50mm with a set of 225-40-18 tyres on?
    Does it rub the arches?
    I've got eibach sportlines which are a 40f/30r on 18's with no problems other than the burg front splitter catching on speed bumps every now and then.

Don't go lower than 40 mm all round far to low and harsh as hell lol mines on coilovers and I wish I'd of left it just with eibach springs tbh ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "2 Piece Remus Vxronline.co.uk Stickers Vxr Front Grille Badge Lowered 35mm Eibach Pro's All Round Arctic Decal Front Grille Superbright White LED Side/Number Plate Bulbs , Stubby Ariel De-Badged , Gloss Black Front Grille Blue LED interior Courtsey Lights GlossBlack Opc Surrounds GlossBlack Rear Custom Diffuser/WhiteTriangleSection - Blue Js performance coolant hoses , pipercross cone filter , Stainless Covers & Airtec FMIC ............... Follow Me On Twitter @Arderz2012

The car is already lowered 50mm with the 225-35-18 tyres (doesn't rub and drives perfect), iv got sum burg wheels which I was going to put 225-40-18 onto them but worried they'll rub
    Astra VXR GTC, Summit White, Aero Pack, Performance Seat Pack, AFL's, Sat Nav, Climate Control, Tints! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by iamphil View Post
    I've got eibach sportlines which are a 40f/30r on 18's with no problems other than the burg front splitter catching on speed bumps every now and then.
    are you on the 225-35-18 tyres?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurburgring 223 View Post
    are you on the 225-35-18 tyres?
    Yes mate.

Quote Originally Posted by iamphil View Post
    Yes mate.
    Cheers mate! stuck the 225-40s on anyway so il fit them tomorrow and check! if they rub can always use them on the astra

VXRed blooded

I have springs H/R -35 mm front and rear and fitted 225/40 R18 and they rubber arches on corners, so I recommend to you 225/35. Now I have 225/35 and no problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AljazK View Post
    I have springs H/R -35 mm front and rear and fitted 225/40 R18 and they rubber arches on corners, so I recommend to you 225/35. Now I have 225/35 and no problems at all.
    too late now mate, iv them all built ready to put on tomorrow! if they rub they'll be on the astra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast