+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Vectra VXR Lambda Sensor Extension/O2 Spacer

Does anyone know where I can purchase a Vectra VXR Exhaust Lambda Sensor Extension/O2 Spacer.

I can find plenty for other models but not the Vectra VXR

I'm getting an engine manage light and the code points towards a faulty Cat, which is probably the case given my car has done 122k, but I can't afford another cat at the moment so my mechanic says to knock it through and fit an O2 spacer.

A custom made sports cat is often a cheaper alternative to a dealer bought cat.

I think my o2 spacers were off ebay but they were purchased a long time ago mind you.
    Brimfull's Vauxhall History, Cavalier Sri 8v, 2x Calibra 16v, Omega V6, Vectra B Gsi, 2x Vectra C Sri 2.2, Vectra C Sri Cdti 150, Meriva Design, Astra Ls, Vectra Vxr

tell your mechanic to keep a few bits from the cat,file 1 down and put it into the spacer before you screw in the lambda sensor.
    I had to do that to stop me getting eml on after gutting my precat,I had just the spacer first,but after a few hard runs still got code relating to decat.after putting the cat material in ,there was now more eml.done it to a few cars now.iv since had mine mapped out,but ran it the previous way for over 10k with no codes or problems.

and just buy any 02 spacer from eBay that's straight and fits vauxhall,they all have the same thread anyway.

VXRed

Scott, thanks for the info

No worries mate keep us posted how you get on.

+ Reply to Thread