+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

OK I'll have a peek at that, I'm off for emmisions test at the min but don't hold much hope due to the minus 40 I take temp as that is probably making the car run rich. I like a little noise and atmosphere, and as long as it's not as unruly as my evo was I'm a winner lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The intake air temperature sensor is integrated in to the MAP sensor, not the MAF. It shouldn't effect the emissions as the engine will be running closed loop.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewt1971 View Post
    The intake air temperature sensor is integrated in to the MAP sensor, not the MAF. It shouldn't effect the emissions as the engine will be running closed loop.
    I spoke to vauxhall today to be cheeky and find out where it is its integrated into the boost pressure sensor so they recon which would make sense to me as it's the same as the vans we look after, I thought I was missing a sensor as I have a random plug at the back of the engine going nowhere.

Plugged the car in again today and I have fault still with boost sensor, either wiring to it or the sensor it's self but not sure on how to test as I have no figures to look for.

I tested my maf any how's and it seems alright voltage works in reverse to what I'm used to as it's around 4.6v at idle and decreases with more revs instead of starting low and working upwards.

Also does anyone know definitively what boost the 06 astra vxr should be running? I mean steady boost not overboost ect as I have all the bits coming this week boost gauge, controller ect and I just want to set the boost correct and do away with the stock solenoid as that's had it on mine

Another update and serious help needed here.

Replaced map sensor as I had tested continuity between sensor and ecu and all was good.
    Put new sensor in and still reads minus 40. Plus even by unplugging it I'm still getting a voltage showing for boost voltage.

Now question is..... just like the dodgy eBay chip things that trick the ecu into thinking that the intake temp is cold can the ecu be mapped to tell the ecu that the temp is a particular temp? As I can only see this as an explanation unless there is another sensor somewhere else but if there is I can't find it.

Until this is solved I'm not going to get the car through its mot and it's doing my head in now. What's more annoying is the car runs spot on but just smells like it's running rich.

Any help would be appreciated

Bump

OK people. Haven't really got an update as I'm still trying to make head or tail of what the cracking is with this car.

Now I replaced the air intake temp sensor/charge pressure sensor (people call it the map sensor) but still no joy. Got back on and had a look today and found a actual map sensor on the back of the engine on a bracket, plugged in but the pipe that reads the signals wasn't going anywhere.

Could someone tell me or upload a pic of their vaccume box on the back of the engine showing what should be plumbed into it as I have a feeling this sensor should be teed into it

VXRacing ahead

The map sencor sites on pipe between intercooler exit and tophat I think you might mean the vacuum control solenoid alot of people by pass them to get full boost in first and second gear that sites at the back of the engine just above the vac box

Quote Originally Posted by triathleterob View Post
    The map sencor sites on pipe between intercooler exit and tophat I think you might mean the vacuum control solenoid alot of people by pass them to get full boost in first and second gear that sites at the back of the engine just above the vac box
    I have checked the part number out for the sensor that appears to have been bypassed and it's listed as a map sensor. I spoke with vauxhall this morning and the one between intercooler and inlet is listed as a temp and charge pressure sensor, could arguably be called a map sensor I suppose. I need to get everything plumbed in all as should be so I have a baseline control to find out what on earth is going on with the emmisions.

Do you have a pic of how it should be piped in?

The one on the back isn't supposed to be plumbed in to anything. It's for atmospheric pressure readings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3