+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Dreaded emissions

My mot runs out on Feb 3rd and I managed to get online and check mot history last night and discovered that it had failed an mot in Oct by the dealership who wanted to put a fresh ticket on it. Well they didn't and I now have the car.

Took it to an mot garage we use today just to have emmisions checked as that's the main failure it had and it failed on Co.

At 2k rpm I'm getting between 65-74 Co and it needs to be below 30.

Now I have priced up a new cat only available at vauxhall at £818 trade so I thought I would try some magic solution to add to the fuel to clean the cat.

Does anyone know of any usual suspects on the 06 astra vxr to look at. I have found online and will check tomos the coolant temp hidden menu so I'll make sure that's the right temp and haven't noticed one but does it have an o2 sensor? Obviously I have found the lambda.

I was looking for ward to having a car that I could just put through an mot because it's standard and still has its cat. Here's for wishful thinking

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If it doesn't get pass and you need a new cat. Get a TX autosport downpipe and sports cat. They are 250 quid and you won't have any issues with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doing some more digging online it appears I'm missing my pre cat. I see its a normal mod people do but I can't see that being missing helping me much. Can these cars pass with just the one cat.

Quote Originally Posted by VXRRy View Post
    If it doesn't get pass and you need a new cat. Get a TX autosport downpipe and sports cat. They are 250 quid and you won't have any issues with that

Thanks, have you got a link for this cat as it's a fraction of the price of an oem one

VXRacing ahead

Ry will the tx pipe fit ok if he's running a standard pipe?

Yup. They taper to fit a standard system

Run two bottles of cat a clean through the fuel system, this will help. Make sure you follow the instructions on the bottles as to how much fuel you need per bottle.
    Brimfull's Vauxhall History, Cavalier Sri 8v, 2x Calibra 16v, Omega V6, Vectra B Gsi, 2x Vectra C Sri 2.2, Vectra C Sri Cdti 150, Meriva Design, Astra Ls, Vectra Vxr

Quote Originally Posted by VXRRy View Post
    Yup. They taper to fit a standard system

Which annoyed me cause it'd have been the ideal fix for my 3" system
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Quote Originally Posted by Gsxr_craig View Post
    My MOT runs out on Feb 3rd and I managed to get online and check MOT history last night and discovered that it had failed an MOT in Oct by the dealership who wanted to put a fresh ticket on it. Well they didn't and I now have the car.

Took it to an MOT garage we use today just to have emissions checked as that's the main failure it had and it failed on CO.

At 2k rpm I'm getting between 0.65-0.74 CO and it needs to be below 0.30.

Now I have priced up a new cat only available at Vauxhall at £818 trade so I thought I would try some magic solution to add to the fuel to clean the cat.

Does anyone know of any usual suspects on the 06 astra vxr to look at. I have found online and will check tomos the coolant temp hidden menu so I'll make sure that's the right temp and haven't noticed one but does it have an o2 sensor? Obviously I have found the lambda.

I was looking for ward to having a car that I could just put through an mot because it's standard and still has its cat. Here's for wishful thinking

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Gsxr_craig View Post
    Doing some more digging online it appears I'm missing my pre cat. I see its a normal mod people do but I can't see that being missing helping me much. Can these cars pass with just the one cat.

Can you post up the rest of the figures to give a clearer picture of what might be going on;
    natural idle emissions and fast idle for CO, HC and lambda (don't need the limit figures). Oil temperature also.

Fuel additive may/may not help.
    Precat will help somewhat assuming the cat metals are good.
    New air filter may/may not be necessary.
    New main cat finally may be necessary.

Upload those other figures as they may give a clue
    OPC ÉIRE
    Drop me a PM for Irish meets, group adds etc.

Thanks for the replys. I don't have the print out from failure, I took the car just for a voluntary emmisions check and just made a mental note of the co as the others were ok.

I pulled the air filter today and it's a make I have never seen before foam filter so I swapped it out for a stock one, it has the airbox mod done. One bottle of cat cleaner has been run through and can easily do another but I'm now waiting for replacement heater hose as mine was split and weeping but took it off this morning to replace and got the call from vauxhall that it hasn't arrived so can't drive it anymore. The car felt happier when I took it for a spin before the hose was taken off, few more pops from the exhaust on shifting and felt like it actually had a turbo, coming from an evo where you get a kick up the backside when it kicks in it did feel sluggish. Priced up a o2 sensor just in case.

The guy is back in on Monday at the mot station so I will get it back down there and make a proper note of the figures.

Still can't access the hidden menu on display for coolant temp. I am right in thinking press and hold settings for 10 seconds?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast