Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed

Default Help astra (h) Vxr burning smell and blue smoke

I have recently purchased a astra h vxr 2008 plate with 60k on the clock. Recently it has started producing blue smoke and there is a burning smell even when the engine is cold? I would appreciate any input to what the issue could be or if anyone else has had this issue before? The car still drives nice but I am not using the car much as I do not want to do any further damage.

Blue smoke is stem seals I believe

What's repair cost?

VXRed

Is it a big job to replace these? I have noticed there is a slight oil leak coming from underneath the car as well? Haven't managed to have a proper look yet

VXRacing ahead

Had mine done few months ago mate £400 your fine to drive car if it is stem seals as long as you keep an eye on oil level as it will be burning a lot common fault on these engines

VXRed

Getting my mate who's a mechanic to take a look at it tomorrow to see what's going on. With the stem seals does the head have to come off?

VXRacing ahead

No mate can be done with head on with right tools you will need to fit retainers on top of the new seals the problem is there only push fit so thay pop off the retainers stop them popping off again

VXRed

Thanks mate hopefully that will get the car running as it should

VXRacing ahead

No worries mate hope you get it sorted was so glad when mine was done was right embarrassing every time I pulled away haha!

VXRed

I have taken the car to my mechanic today and there is a lot of oil coming from the cylinder head that is dripping onto the exhaust causing the burning smell. He said without further investigation he can't determine the exact problem.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast