+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed

Default The time has come...

The time has come to sell my J VXR.
    Enjoyed owning it but hasn't been without its stresses. They say never drive your dream car - I'd always dreamed of owning a VXR and I wasn't disappointed.
    The thing for me, I love it that much I'm over protective of it and end up not using it and stressing about where I'm parking it! takes the enjoyment away.

It will be a sad day when I hand the keys over to dealer as I pick up my new motor but someone out there will pick up a great car packed full off options and that has been treated right from day one.

Thanks to all - its been fun, somehow I think I might be back...

VXR newbie

I can echo your comments, I'm just in processing of parting with my VXR and it has been the best car I have owned, but I'm so over protective of it that it too has stressed me.
    Not been the biggest contributor but have read many great posts with lots of help and advice, no doubt I'll be back at some point, thanks and good luck to all��

Are you VXR enough?

I got rid of my first VXR for similar reasons, I replaced it with something that on paper should have been a good car to drive but I didn't have any love for it. That lasted 3 months and I'm in VXR number 2 now!

VXRed blooded

Same woes here about parking , would just be as **** with a new car ,unless it is a 0.5K run around i think. Sad realy that other people spoil the experience with there contempt.

Driving today 15 mles to pickup a secure parking fob to drive into the city. Then dropping it back Sunday lol.

Cannot get into any of the semi secure car parks, the camber from road to ramp is to steep lol.

VXRacing ahead

Afraid that anyone with a nice motor will be over protective that's why they have a nice motor is it not.

VXRed

only had mine 2 days and already stressing about leaving her

VXRed

I too am just about to let mine go - 2013 and always dreamt of having the Arden blue vxr Astra after having the vxr zafira - now coming up 4 years old and letting it go very reluctantly because of the continuous issues with it ..... the biggest being the paint which is down to metal on the wheel arches and nobody seems to want to sort it for me and I just don't have the energy to fight Vauxhall - so have done a deal on a focus st and Vauxhall have lost my love for them - will break my heart to say goodbye but just see it costing me money to put right which is not acceptable ����

VXRed

Just chopped mine, much as I loved it, the wife telling me I needed something more practical kind of wore me down, but after moving away from the VXR I dont believe I will be coming back.

VXRed

TBH I'm a bit ocd about mine too, not so much leaving it but the ****** salty weather, I bought it new, only has 1500 miles on it in a year, actually bought a r27 197 Clio for the winter 3 weeks back, turns out it's a minter too....you can see where this is going! Lol

Astra is getting a airing in the next few weeks now the roads are better, can't see me selling TBH, pound for pound noting comes close in its bracket of cars for looks and I'd loose a bomb on it too

All said car park dings are a pain but dent master or the like will sort then for a small amount without paint generally

Nothing's perfect in this word so I hope I've not many issues with her and do my best to get through the ones I do get.
    Last edited by Cossers; 9th March 2017 at 01:59 PM.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by s_j_wilkinson View Post
    Just chopped mine, much as I loved it, the wife telling me I needed something more practical kind of wore me down, but after moving away from the VXR I dont believe I will be coming back.
    What have you gone for this time??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast