+ Reply to Thread

Default Monaro ls2 vxr info

Morning all, I've owned several vxrs in the past and have previously been a member on this good site.
    I have agreed a price to purchase a Ro vxr 2006. Reg is X6LTR. Silver. Does anyone know this vehicle and have any info on it please.
    Current owner confirms Romano lpg fitted (not that I'll use that much) and 86k miles. Lots of service history with it and looks clean. In the Southampton area.
    All info on any knowledge welcomed and any points to look for please?

Cheers all

Anyone? Anything? Any tips on this model??

I would recommend that you get the seller to put a frash MOT on it and see the emissions test results before handing over money.

LPG generally accelerates the wear on the valve seats and guides on a lot of engines, so id be checking for high emissions and poor running.
    2005 Monaro 6.0 - Sting Red
    Duspeed OTR CAI, X-Force Extractors, X-Force Twin 3" Mild Steel Exhaust, Advan AD08R Tyres

Mot has until Nov 17....so pretty recent. Oils you be more specific on poor running? Uneven idle? Or is that a given?
    Last edited by Sporticus; 31st January 2017 at 10:16 AM.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by R3DLC View Post
    Mot has until Nov 17....so pretty recent. Oils you be more specific on poor running? Uneven idle? Or is that a given?
    Valve seat recession can be an issue on LPG equipped cars see http://www.go-lpg.co.uk/VSR.html for details it varies by engine. I've read in various places of quite a few people running LPG on monaros or vxr8s so I would suspect the ls engines aren't too much of an issue but definitely worth looking into.

Uneven idle shouldn't be a given on a stock cam it should be quite smooth. If its on a bigger aftermarket cam then it will likely be lumpy at idle whatever BUT it should be fairly consistently so. If it wanders around at idle that's a giveaway there is a problem but can be as simple as a £10 sensor so doesn't immediately indicate the end of the world. A compression test would presumably be a surefire way to diagnose any bad valve issues.

VXRed

Also try searching the history on here or on PH because the previous and possible current owner are on the forums and have posted in the past so you may find some history there.

Top man ���� Thanks for that mate. Very useful. Spoke to the guy and he was very forthcoming with the cars previous history etc and 3 previous owners. Sent me some very details pictures exterior and interior covering the whole car. Sound sand looks like a plan ��. Aiming to go this weekend and if all good drive it back.

VXRacing ahead

I kept seeing it on eBay, if you got it for sub 11k then can't be a bad shout if the bumpers aren't damaged etc

I went and looked at a supposed mint showroom condition car! It's was rough both bumpers had damage! Paint was covered in scratches from cats!
    The tea drips down the dash really topped it for me!

Says it's very clean, no rust or paint issues. Says interior is pretty much spotless so hoping all good. Genuine guy and we've done a decent deal.

VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by R3DLC View Post
    Says it's very clean, no rust or paint issues. Says interior is pretty much spotless so hoping all good. Genuine guy and we've done a decent deal.
    People's standards are very different! But if you got it for sub 11k you got a decent car for the money

+ Reply to Thread