+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    VXRed

My seats haven't come away. They just don't tip forward to allow passengers in the back. Not that i allow many passengers in like. It's my car and my car only! No riff raff allowed. Hehe.

VXRed

Messaged the link on Facebook Tuesday, received the clips yesterday free of charge. Heroes.

However, guide to fitting them isn't too clear, anybody whose successfully used them to repair the seats share some advice?

Finally managed to work out these clips from recaro! Had them about 3 months and only just worked it out. Quite easy to do once you work them out ����

VXRed

are you going to do a step by step thread?

Quote Originally Posted by raz0083 View Post
    are you going to do a step by step thread?
    Basically where the leather has come away if you pull it and look behind the seat there is a channel of plastic.
    Also attached to the leather is a thick rubber.
    So what you need to do is get the clip which is u shaped and slide the u over the edge of the channel.
    Hold the clip in position and then push the hard rubber up in to the channel where you are holding the clip.
    Try using something plastic that’s not too sharp when your pushing it incase you rip the seat. (I used a screwdriver with a kitchen towel on the end)
    Repeat that all the way down keeping the clips about 4 inches apart if you have enough of them.
    It’s really hard to explain lol. Unfortunalty I used all my clips and done both seats otherwise I would just do it again with pictures or a video. Hope this helps ����

I have sent a reply on how to do it but it has to be authorised for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by R21TTY View Post
    I have sent a reply on how to do it but it has to be authorised for some reason.
    Would really like this reply to be authorised as I can't work it out haha
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

Quote Originally Posted by Brucerutherford View Post
    Would really like this reply to be authorised as I can't work it out haha
    Basically where the leather has come away if you pull it and look behind the seat there is a channel of plastic.
    Also attached to the leather is a thick rubber.
    So what you need to do is get the clip which is u shaped and slide the u over the edge of the channel.
    Hold the clip in position and then push the hard rubber up in to the channel where you are holding the clip.
    Try using something plastic that’s not too sharp when your pushing it incase you rip the seat. (I used a screwdriver with a kitchen towel on the end)
    Repeat that all the way down keeping the clips about 4 inches apart if you have enough of them.
    It’s really hard to explain lol. Unfortunalty I used all my clips and done both seats otherwise I would just do it again with pictures or a video. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXR newbie

Are people still having any luck with Recaro sending out fixing kits from the info I've received its a bit hit and miss

VXRed

From the Facebook link on the previous page I got loads of clips posted to me for free.

Instructions were garbage though and I couldn't get them to work. Although that's probably on me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast