+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed

Default Steering angle sensor corsa d vxr

Hi guys just looking a bit of advise...

About a week ago my traction control light came on, ever since some days it's been coming on and sone days it hasnt, so i got it stuck on the computer and it's bringing up a fault code for steering angle sensor.

So what I'm looking to know from other peoples experience does replacing the steering angle sensor cure the problem or could it be another issue e.g abs sensor and is a steering angle sensor an expensive part?

Thanks in advance for any help

tbh it could be both, as with many things, you change one thing to find another fault, if the code is tell your angle sensor change that first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

VXRed

Thanks for your reply, do you know if a yaw rate sensor is the same as a steering angle sensor?

VXRed

Ideally you would want to read the measuring block for the steering angle sensor when the fault occurs and see if you are getting a good reading or even if it is doing anything when you turn the steering wheel.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the steering angle sensor come as part of the steering column electronics control unit?

Did the person who plugged the computer into the car (or yourself, whoever done it) check all the faults or just in the abs control unit? Some engine faults can cause the traction light to come on

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

VXRed

As far as I'm aware this was the only fault the car was reading I will get it back on the computer as the light came back on last night! Just don't like the thought of replacing parts that dont need replaced! Steering column ECU sounds expensive lol

VXRed

Yeah just double check and like I said if you can monitor the steering angle sensor reading (providing it is faulting whilst you have the computer plugged in) it will indicate whether the sensor is faulty or not.
    Also make sure all your connections to the sensor etc are good

VXRed

Still have this problem after fitting a new control unit which is located behind steering wheel (this is where vaux told me steering angle sensor was located) anybody else had the same issue?

VXRed

Still the same fault code coming up or something new now?

What does the steering angle read for various positions of steering wheel?

Different car, but I had the meriva esp light on due to the steering not being centred. The tracking was set wrong, so the steering wheel was at a slight angle, when the steering wheel was straight then the live data showed 0 degrees on the computer. It kicks up an error because it's expecting a wheels speed difference based on the angle.
    David

VXRed

Ok so I have had the steering re calibrated with tech 2 and the traction control light has came back on and it is still bringing up fault with steering angle sensor, i think it may be a mechanical issue from the front end I have noticed first thing in the morning when i touch the brake pedal it seems to engage abs when it is not needed and this is when the light comes on, has anyone had this issue with faulty wheel bearings etc? I don't want to replace more parts for the sake of it lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast