+ Reply to Thread

Default Lowering Astra J

Hi all i was asked if i would lower a friends astra j as he tuck a look and had no idea where to start witch i can understand from the look of it. So ive taken photo as ive gone to show people how to do it. Hope it helps
    first you need to do is to remove the caliper bolts witch are the two e bolts also pull off the brake pipe off the strut
    Push Centre clip and pull up on the plug the plug will then come off the bracket.push down on tag and Twist that will alow you to remove the three plugs for the main plug. remove nut from top of drop link remove drive shaft nut and push on shaft to free off from hub.remove track rod end nut and free off from hubremove nut and bolt from bottom of hub remove scuttle panel to gain access to top of strut and remove nut carefully pull out hub unit and strut from lower arm and drive shaft clamp spring and remove top nut fit new spring and refit nut carefully refit back onto car and rebuild.
    For the rear spring much more easier to do. Jack up back of car and lift a few inches off the ground remove lower shock bolt do the same to the other side the beam will drop down so the wheels are on the floor simply pull the old spring out and put new spring in placejack under the spring seat untill the lower shock hole lines up with bolt hole then refit bolt. it only tuck me about an hour and half to do it so its not as complicated as it Looks hope this help you all

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by james400; 12th February 2017 at 02:11 PM.

Thanks verry much James

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

VXRed blooded

Yes well done sure this will help many who wish to lower their's but were not sure where to start , best to get wheel alignment done when completed though.

Yes witch i will do when i go back to work forgot to bring it home with me so next job to do on it next week

Are you VXR enough?

Good info indeed

Quote Originally Posted by james400 View Post
    Hi all i was asked if i would lower a friends astra j as he tuck a look and had no idea where to start witch i can understand from the look of it. So ive taken photo as ive gone to show people how to do it. Hope it helps

first you need to do is to remove the caliper bolts witch are the two e bolts also pull off the brake pipe off the strut

Push Centre clip and pull up on the plug the plug will then come off the bracket.push down on tag and Twist that will alow you to remove the three plugs for the main plug.

remove nut from top of drop link

remove drive shaft nut and push on shaft to free off from hub.remove track rod end nut and free off from hub

remove nut and bolt from bottom of hub

remove scuttle panel to gain access to top of strut and remove nut

carefully pull out hub unit and strut from lower arm and drive shaft

clamp spring and remove top nut fit new spring and refit nut

carefully refit back onto car and rebuild.

For the rear spring much more easier to do. Jack up back of car and lift a few inches off the ground remove lower shock bolt

do the same to the other side the beam will drop down so the wheels are on the floor simply pull the old spring out and put new spring in place

jack under the spring seat untill the lower shock hole lines up with bolt hole then refit bolt.

it only tuck me about an hour and half to do it so its not as complicated as it Looks hope this help you all

thx mate, that helps a lot! great job!

VXRed

Echo the above,thanks for taking the time and effort to put this one here

No problem ive got a vxr8 to lower soon so will do the same for that 🖒

VXRed

Guys do any of you know whether this post will be any help at all with lowering the diesel Sri GTC or is the set up completely different being the hardened VXR addition?

The vxr has the same hiper strut suspension as the insignia vxr, but I don't think it's the same setup in the regular gtc.

+ Reply to Thread