+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    VXRed

Default Black Sapphire OEM+ family bus.

Joined a couple of months ago, but not posted much so though I would say hello!

I got my wee Meriva VXR back in December, and have worked my way up over the last 3 years from a 2005 1.4 Design in Ultra Blue (underpowered), 2008 1.6 Design in Sky Blue (quite nice but wee bit boring) to the VXR Black Sapphire as the family daily and enjoying the extra power when required.
    I’m the 5th owner and it needs a wee bit of tidying in a few places but is solid, straight and cleanish. It will become the wifes car once she passes her test.

Plans are:
    *In the body shop to get a few bits tidied – tailgate has a dent and wee bit bubbling above one of the side skirts.
    *Fit folding mirrors (no body loom unfortunately), but my first Meriva had them and miss them.
    *Fit the factory westfalia towbar kit I got out the scrappys (anyone got a VXR with factory towbar as I haven’t seen any so don’t know if it’s compatible or not).
    *Fit the parking pilot 2 sensor kits – (not as good as the 4 sensor factory kit, but better than nothing).
    *Fit Rear Tweeters as they do make a difference despite their size, left them in a previous Meriva before i sold it
    *Fit a rear carpet with the storage flaps if i can find one.
    *Try get the AUX in function working on he headunit, beleve you get a software CD then Tech2 it in.
    *Buy some new chrome fog rings as they are getting a bit tired looking
    *Fix the drivers seat bolster foam which is starting to touch the metal (anyone know any other sources as Recaro said no direct sales and Vauxhall want £220 for 1 base).
    *Try get a 5th alloy and get the wheels powder coated (They have been painted and onf of the front ones is starting to chip).
    *Gearbox oil change to be on the safe side.
    *Whiteline rear ARB kit if the wife will let me.

I like OEM extras on my cars (too many scrapyard visits) so have transferred them from Meriva to Meriva, so work done so far:

2 new lambda probes, coil pack, plugs and oil & filter change as it has a miss fire when i bought it
    "Mini me" Meriva on the sat nav hood - present from my daughters.
    Hekos (like them as I am missing my twin sunroofs on the Design version)

*Aluminium pedal covers
    *Auto rear view dimming mirror with built in console night light
    *Rubber mat kit (carpet set away till the sun comes out again).
    *12V Boot accessory socket
    *Plastic Boot liner
    *Boot cargo net
    *Glovebox cooler
    *Headlamp protectors
    *Under bonnet insulation
    *2nd Rear fog
    *Rubber coin holder and cup mat for the front cup holders
    *Rear Travel Assistant (kids love it)
    *Smoker kit ashtrays (don't smoke like the extra wee light when it pops open) and the rear ashtray for the kids storing odds and sods.
    *Standard spec spare wheel boot trims and 15” space saver wheel
    *First aid Kit & Warning Triangle
    *Rear & Side Sun Blinds (thanks Keif, didn't know they existed!)
    *Seat occupancy front map light - like the wee extra logo.
    *Boot rear quarter carrier bag holders (random, but they were £1 so went for it)
    *Seat coat hanger
    *Sunglasses holder

Previous owners claimed it was standard, but having a crawl round it, it has a K&N filter and drilled airbox base, (plan to replace with a non drilled one) and a stainless straight through pipe instead of the main cat. So the precat decat pipe I bought will have to go on ebay as don’t want it to fail its MOT on emissions and no CAT.

Will try come along to the next Scottish meet as I have been more a 90s VW & BMW guy before I got the Meriva bug and would be good to see some other VXRs up close.

Here are some pics i if have uploaded them right:

As Bought:

And after a few days tinkering:

Last edited by genesisGT; 25th July 2017 at 01:10 PM.

Nice thread.

Welcome.
    MikeyP247

Current: Astra 2.0 CDTi SE Sports Tourer
    Gone: Meriva VXR

???????

Currently Driving - Lotus Carlton - Astra TwinTop - MINI Clubman Cooper - Nova GSi
    Written off - Meriva VXR

Whats the post?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
    MERIVA VXR

VXR Nothing comes close billysaph's Avatar

Nice Merv mate

Yay, picutres and words at last. I assume you needed the thread approving.

OEM+ is the way forward. Time for a bit of help and a few questions.

Fit folding mirrors (no body loom unfortunately), but my first Meriva had them and miss them.
    Im sure you've seen it but this thread explains how to fit the body loom as mine didn't have it http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...erfold-Mirrors also if you fit a module off eBay, you can not worry with the extra relay and and have them fold/unfold when you dead lock/ unlock the car.

Fit the factory westfalia towbar kit I got out the scrappys (anyone got a VXR with factory towbar as I haven’t seen any so don’t know if it’s compatible or not).
    Mv6matt had one on his car when he bought it. You have to cut the rear diffuser and they're expensive to replace. (Pics http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...8449-My-Meriva, you can see the slot cut in the diffuser)

Fit the parking pilot 2 sensor kits – (not as good as the 4 sensor factory kit, but better than nothing).
    I went the eBay kit route, easy job once you've got big enough balls to drill four holes (they're not marked on the back like Vectra/Astras etc)

Fit Rear Tweeters as they do make a difference despite their size, left them in a previous Meriva before i sold it
    Oops, cheap to pick up and fit, as you say a must.

*Fit a rear carpet with the storage flaps if i can find one.
    Stealing that idea.

*Try get the AUX in function working on he headunit, beleve you get a software CD then Tech2 it in.
    Can look on ***** for you, not seen it as an option (but wasn't looking)

*Buy some new chrome fog rings as they are getting a bit tired looking
    £15 a side same as the Zafira H VXR LH-93187589, RH-93187590

*Fix the drivers seat bolster foam which is starting to touch the metal (anyone know any other sources as Recaro said no direct sales and Vauxhall want £220 for 1 base).
    Yep, no support from Recaro, not sure if they do anything the same, I ended up adding more foam and sculpting it in, then protesting it was a thick cotton.

Something has popped out at me from your pictures.

You have a cooled Glovebox. Looks like the same "switch" as the Astra H, but what pipe is connected to it, and where does it feed into your heater? Does it actually work?

Currently Driving - Lotus Carlton - Astra TwinTop - MINI Clubman Cooper - Nova GSi
    Written off - Meriva VXR

VXRed

Thanks guys for the comments - yes sorry had to get my post approved before it showed up - joys of being a newbie!

“OEM+ is the way forward”. - Agree more OEM options the better - hunting them down is part of the fun.

Folding Mirrors: Thanks Keif i had a look and liked the video, very cool. i just need the mirrors, and door loom and thats me got all the bits. Car in the scrappy didnt have rear electric windows so though the loom might be different so still on the hunt.

Towbar: hmm not sure if i like that or not now. being black it might hide the gap a bit better, its handy to have and gives you a bit more strength if anyone ever rear ends you.

Parking sensor kits: I did that on my first meriva, and bought a kit for the VXR but bought to cheep a kit and the sensors were crap so ended up getting the 2 sensor kit that clips onto the number plate, but seen a few bumpers on german ebay with the full Parking Pilot, but not sure what the loom plugs into as i cant see a connector in the back passengers quarter for it to plug into only the towbar plug taped up.

Fit Rear Tweeters - Seems to say CDC40 Radio you get 8 speakers so presume the loom has them built in? i just piggy backed them last time and they worked fine.

Carpet storage: yeah i have seen two in the scrappys, but they are all manky or stained badly with Jelly tots! Was one on german ebay a month or so ago, but it was missing the flaps

Aux in: i have the Aux socket (not cut it into the console next to the handbrake yet) and online it seemed to say buy CD70 update 2007 CD - 13294646 then Tech 2 to activate. My cars got 2005 software. The wee showroom brochure I have (2007) lists it as an option on Club and VXR only, never seen one fitted, there is a console on ebay with the hole precut so going to copy the location from that photo.

Chrome rings – thanks will visit the stealers in summer then, are they just a push fit with retaining clips on the back or do they have a retaining ring on the back to clamp them in place?

Seat - i have a bolster out a SRI seat i was going to attempt to do the same but wasnt sure how it would pan out - will wait till summer to do it. the base foam is apparently the same for passengers or drivers so might fix then swap.

Cooler - Yeah the same as astra H and older Vectra i think, its a flexi rubber pipe that goes to near the base of the heater. There is a circular template you need to drill out then it clips in, will try upload and post some photos when i did it on my first meriva. If you have the fan at the right setting yes it keeps a can "coolish", its no fridge by any means.

Have you ever seen the fire extinguisher option that goes in the recess just behind the floor mat on the drivers seat? I bought the extinguisher, but what turned up was nothing like it so must be an error on the partsbase image, hunted for a photo of one fitted but never found anything.

VXRed

Like this a lot
    2009 Arden Blue Corsa VXR

Really interested in the carpet storage, is this the ones behind the front seats? Does the VXR have the recesses then?

Also interested to know if you had to cut the boot liner to accept the travel assistant?

I have the AUX fitted and working (was on car when bought it) if you need any dimensions taking.

I also have the rear ashtray thing to fit but mine has 2 x 12v openings - need to make up a splitting loom.

Those carrier bag holders also allow you to fit the boot and rear seat liner - i have one of these but don't have those side clips.

Welcome to the forum fella.
    MikeyP247

Current: Astra 2.0 CDTi SE Sports Tourer
    Gone: Meriva VXR

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyP247 View Post
    Really interested in the carpet storage, is this the ones behind the front seats? Does the VXR have the recesses then?

Also interested to know if you had to cut the boot liner to accept the travel assistant?

I have the AUX fitted and working (was on car when bought it) if you need any dimensions taking.

I also have the rear ashtray thing to fit but mine has 2 x 12v openings - need to make up a splitting loom.

Those carrier bag holders also allow you to fit the boot and rear seat liner - i have one of these but don't have those side clips.

Welcome to the forum fella.
    Yeah I had the storage in my last Meriva Design have a few pics i can post. I think the insulation below needs to come out so if you get one out the scrappy can take the correct trimmed insulation as well save hacking it to death. I dont believe the floorpans different, but not checked yet.

Boot liner needed trimmed unfortunately - did it with a scalpel and steel ruler, looks ok, but not ace. Its handy for putting bits of wood in from B&Q saves bending the edge with longer items. Had to do it as it better than the travel assistant rattling about in the boot as the wee flip down cupholder can break easily.

if you could get some dimension from the top down (would be ace) as im making a cardboard template and guessing its a "thumb" width down from the top based on the ebay pic.

The twin outlet is what im aiming for in the back, i have the holder but the cigi one was all rusted so trying to find another one. I was going to take the illumination feed from the front one as the wires quite thick, dont think the twin audio wire was meaty enough.

Ooh not hear of that accessory! if i see any other ones in the scrappy with the clips will grab them for you (the panels have a template on the back to cut out).

Like your car too i was reading your thread the other day!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast