+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    VXRed

As it was dry on Sat managed to get a bit more done as the family were wanting a day in

Replaced the rear tailgate wiring loom as i had lost rear wiper and boot light functions was pretty bare on at least 4 wires so better do it before it shorts out or loose more functions.

Then started on the headlamp washers bits install, as i did all the wiring parts few months back.

Got the front raised slightly and stripped down and discovered my wheel arch liners are tired and few of the clips missing. So next on the scrapyard shopping list! A wee L bracket from the splitter to the arch liner was totally missing - so will need to find a part number for it:

Got the bottle clips fitted in the inner wing, their a weird insert, turn 90 deg, then clamp arrangement:

Then mounted the 3.5L bottle with the 3 Torx bolts

Had to take the drivers headlight out to get the filler pipework pushed in properly and the wee retaining plastic nut on to the chassis leg.

Then the fun bit, washed all the bumper down then took it in the house to cut and mount all the bits too.

Cut out the templates on the back of the bumper with a dremel and square file

Clipped in the Water Jet Rams:

Then did the other side and tiger sealed it all in place. I fitted the Jets to help clamp it all in place overnight and pull the plastic mounts in the right direction. Then in the morning added the pipework and "T" & "L" Pieces using some ebay bumper pics of a factory install to try get it looking right.

Was going to add front parking sensors, but the crash bar looked like it would clash with the 2 sensors either side of the number plate, so gave up for the day as the weather was turning and had to fit the bumper back on in the rain

Bumper ready to go back on

So hope to book it in to get it Tech2ed so Headlamp washer function is "present" in the body control module in the next few weeks and try get the Aux in done at the same time. On reflection i might move the T piece further down to below the fog light so the angel of the pipework is a bit better and less chance of the Jubilee clips rattling on the bumper.

Here's what the final install looks like on the car, quite like the look
    Last edited by genesisGT; 11th September 2017 at 10:59 AM.

Very tidy mate.
    MikeyP247

Current: Astra 2.0 CDTi SE Sports Tourer
    Gone: Meriva VXR

VXRed

thank Mikey, Cutting the bumper was the scary bit, its booked in later this week to hopefully get activated so fingers crossed it all works happily then i can try get a picture of them doing their super soaker thing!

Tested out the rear springs weight limit - got some free garage floor tiles that were getting binned at work so went home nearly on the bump stops even with the weight spread out a bit, as it was take them now or they were in the skip...

Was nice and sunny yesterday and following a family trip to Newcastle the Merv was looking a bit manky, so got treated to a full wash and clay bar which its never had before. Took a lot of the wee marks off which was good.
    r

VXRed

Booked the Merv in to get the headlamp washers activated at my local garage with tech 2 for £15 which i though was reasonable. They didn't seem to have much luck and eventually took it to a main dealer, but good news is it is now live and sending the signal from the body control module as its meant too. So if your Merv has the connector behind the drivers headlight - your cars pre wired and can have it added fairly easily as well!

Wee vid of it popping in and out. Seems to do it twice then go to sleep for 5-6 times then re activate.

Bad news is no water was coming out it so took the bumper off last night to check again the "T" piece didn't have a one way valve built in - which its not, and no hoses were kinked. Turns out one of the two scrappy bits used (pump and grommet) has let me down. The grommet is not sealing round the pump base properly and causing a leak and air to get in, so got a new grommet on order to hopefully fix it next week

Re did the pipework routing a wee bit as well when the bumper was back off to give it more support and fitted some 6000K effect white fog bulbs to go with the headlights, so they are all the one colour.

so the saga continues at present!
    Last edited by genesisGT; 29th September 2017 at 03:23 PM.

VXRed

Headlamp Washers are finally working, new grommet didn't fix it, still leaked so tried some gasket goo round the rubber to tank and pump and its sealed now and is happily blasting out as intended. Will try upload a wee Flickr video if i can work out how.

3 of the 4 tyres were starting to get on the illegal side tread wise so booked it in to get the wheels powdercoated at the same time, so very happy with the results. Got them done in Vauxhall "star silver" as its wee bit less bright than "astro silver" and got some new Opel centre caps to finish them off. Even the kerbed to death spare came up straight.

So as usual when i do something nice to the Merv something else breaks, so the turbo has started to pass some oil on the exhaust side, as i noticed the black puff of smoke in the rear view mirror when giving it some for an overtake a few weeks back. So its only a matter of time before it goes on me and floods the intercooler and exhaust system, so with a family holiday booked next week its booked in the garage Monday to get it replaced before we go. I was lucky and got one with 50 miles on it from megavaux off a written off Astra J at half the price of a new exchange one, so its identical apart from the intake trumpet, so will swap the old one over and keep the old KO3 and take it to bits to find out whats popped in it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5