+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

You've surprised me and no doubt a couple of other members here with that one - most of us were convinced the armrest was a non-option. Well done fella.
    MikeyP247

Current: Astra 2.0 CDTi SE Sports Tourer
    Gone: Meriva VXR

VXRed

Cheers Mikey, Its a goer so get hunting in the scrapyard for high spec Zafira Bs!
    I saw something online it says it fits Astra H, Zafira A, Meriva A so any of them should bolt straight in.

Seat base and back frame are basically the same as standard Meriva As just with welded on brackets for the bolsters from what i can see making the part numbers different.

For info: there are 2 versions of armrest Early and Late:

Early is held on under the plastic tear shaped trim with a R Clip to release the armrest from the seat but the plastic cover clips are fragile ( i had to glue one of mine back on).
    Later version you turn the armrest to the full up position then down one click and pull out to release it - no R clip.

Would take it out whole in the scrapyard (Stanley Knife the seat cover) then dismantle it when you get home where you can warm the plastic up to make it a bit bendier.

Never had much interest in the Merv VXRs but thoroughly enjoyed having a read through this thread, very impressive DIY jobs you've done here!

Looks like a very tidy little example you have there too mate.
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

VXRed

Thanks Bruce, yeah Merivas the odd ball in the VXR family. But its a lot of fun, as folk usually think its just a normal Meriva with wee body kit, and VXR badge stuck on!

Clutch has been slipping the last 3-4 weeks in 5th and 6th and its quite twangy/lurchy in 1st, its done 92K so not sure if thats normal or good? I think its a bit early personally so maybe a few not so careful owners in the past, and the new turbo might have pushed it over the edge. So hunted about for the cheapest place with LUK bits and got some flywheel bolts from Autovaux.

So its booked in Fri to get the clutch done and a gearbox oil change: so book time say 6.5hrs so hopefully they do it in a day or will need to run about in the wifes Micra
    Last edited by genesisGT; 30th January 2018 at 09:12 PM.

VXRed

Clutch is complete now as its was down to the rivets and the flywheel springs were tired and bouncy. So the lurchyness is gone, which is good news. The Central Slave cylinder as its a dead led in the system was a bit of a ball ache to bleed properly. The garage tried gravity bleeding it which got it our their garage but the biting point was on the floor, and meant I couldn't get any gears the next morning! So ended up pinning the clutch pedal down for 72hrs with some wood and it seems to have fixed it and got any air out.

Windscreen washer Jets were intermittently working so I put it down to the recent cold weather and the fact I usually only run water in it. But they stopped working totally last week which was getting dangerous. I thought maybe the pump had died or got blocked but I could hear it wirring slowly, so though the bottle might be full of gunk.

So got a bottle out the scrapyard and went to change it yesterday so I had everything worse case.

Turned out to be the rubber bung has a filter on the bottom of it to protect the pump and it was well and truly blocked with green goo, so much that when I remove it no water spilled out.

Its a bit of a pain to get too as it just scrapes past the Brake reservoir tubes and the wiper linkage had to come out, but found a mountain of leaves, dead spiders and rubbish so gave it a good hover and wash out while I was then and put back together and is happily working again.

Reckon you could pop the pump out and get to the grommet without removing it if it helps any one in future, then its just a wash out and pop the pump back in.

VXRed

Merv behaved itself and handled quite well during the snow a few weeks back..

or so i though till i heard a rattle. Turned out the snow ripped front to clips off the Exhaust Heatshield and ripped one of the bolts clean out so had to jack it up in the freezing cold and fit some large penny washers and make a new stud to get it back together and bend the heatshield back to shape.

then the week later the front exhaust gasket started to leak from the downpipe to front pipe. New Vauxhall gasket is smaller than the Toyo Precat Decat pipe and front pipe i have so had to enlarge it with a dremel to the right size, annoying as if i knew that would have tried to hunt out a larger gasket.

then the front drivers side got a nail in it resulting in a slow puncture after a week of blowing it up slighty every two days i had enough and took it to a garage, so lucky it was repairable so back to normal again for £10 so cant complain.

Had a day off last week so managed to get a size out a scrap car for the ongoing saga of the roof mounted DVD player install So ordered up a bit of 2mm steel plate to bridge the gap and will use the original plate a template to so it has something to mount onto. Wish VX has put the middle roof bow in all cars would save alot of hassle.

My whiteline RARB turned up before Christmas, as a helpful post on here tempted me as £40 off and free postage was to good to turn down, so hopeful it will get drier in April so i can get it fitted.
    Last edited by genesisGT; 11th April 2018 at 04:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6