+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

You've surprised me and no doubt a couple of other members here with that one - most of us were convinced the armrest was a non-option. Well done fella.
    MikeyP247

Current: Astra 2.0 CDTi SE Sports Tourer
    Gone: Meriva VXR

VXRed

Cheers Mikey, Its a goer so get hunting in the scrapyard for high spec Zafira Bs!
    I saw something online it says it fits Astra H, Zafira A, Meriva A so any of them should bolt straight in.

Seat base and back frame are basically the same as standard Meriva As just with welded on brackets for the bolsters from what i can see making the part numbers different.

For info: there are 2 versions of armrest Early and Late:

Early is held on under the plastic tear shaped trim with a R Clip to release the armrest from the seat but the plastic cover clips are fragile ( i had to glue one of mine back on).
    Later version you turn the armrest to the full up position then down one click and pull out to release it - no R clip.

Would take it out whole in the scrapyard (Stanley Knife the seat cover) then dismantle it when you get home where you can warm the plastic up to make it a bit bendier.

Never had much interest in the Merv VXRs but thoroughly enjoyed having a read through this thread, very impressive DIY jobs you've done here!

Looks like a very tidy little example you have there too mate.
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

VXRed

Thanks Bruce, yeah Merivas the odd ball in the VXR family. But its a lot of fun, as folk usually think its just a normal Meriva with wee body kit, and VXR badge stuck on!

Clutch has been slipping the last 3-4 weeks in 5th and 6th and its quite twangy/lurchy in 1st, its done 92K so not sure if thats normal or good? I think its a bit early personally so maybe a few not so careful owners in the past, and the new turbo might have pushed it over the edge. So hunted about for the cheapest place with LUK bits and got some flywheel bolts from Autovaux.

So its booked in Fri to get the clutch done and a gearbox oil change: so book time say 6.5hrs so hopefully they do it in a day or will need to run about in the wifes Micra
    Last edited by genesisGT; 30th January 2018 at 10:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6