+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default VXR on track......

Bought this little beast on Ebay just before Christmas, to do some Track Days & Sprints -

The price was right, low mileage but it had the infamous wobbly gear-stick syndrome, so a trip to WG for a gearbox overhaul. Warren really is a top man!!

Drove it for the first time in anger on Monday at a Track Day on the Snetterton 300 circuit. Absolutely superb!! The weather wasn't great, wet first thing, drying till lunchtime, then more rain in the afternoon, but nonetheless a load of fun.

Unfortunately the day wasn't trouble-free, as the car stopped dead mid-way through the afternoon. Got towed back to the pits - game over! Got the car home on a trailer, checked it out to find the problem was that the air-con compressor had ***** itself.

Same belt drives water pump & alternator, so STOP! All back together today, minus compressor, with shorter belt - no problems!

Here's a taste of the best conditions of the day -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvGm4OSAxFA

Really looking forward to the next thrash!
    Last edited by royg; 11th July 2017 at 04:27 PM.

Enjoyed that video mate, been around snet on bikes a good few years ago. The memories came flooding back

looks good

shame about the compressor though
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

Nice to see another one getting used as intended. Not just polished for shows. Brilliant stuff.

What's the current spec? Plans?
    Arden Corsa VXR

Quote Originally Posted by C16 VXR View Post
    Nice to see another one getting used as intended. Not just polished for shows. Brilliant stuff.

What's the current spec? Plans?
    Current spec is as I bought it, now less A/C compressor. The advert said standard but it was lowered ~50mm & has a dump valve. Tyres are OK-ish - Hankook on front & Kumho on rear. I'm not planning on spending much on it as it handles really well & is really fun to drive, though an LSD would be nice!

I got a bunch of pics from picman.co.uk - particularly liked this one -

Driving-wise I'm looking at more Track Days & maybe some Javelin Sprints.

Anyone else coming out to play this year?
    Last edited by royg; 11th July 2017 at 04:28 PM.

Nice to see one Track compared to the usual suspects!

Keep an eye out on eBay for any Corsa Nurburgring/Clubsports that are getting broken.

They come with a Drexler LSD as standard so you could drop lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

Here's what it looked like in the wet.

https://youtu.be/ajGjnQ3J1-8
    Last edited by royg; 6th March 2017 at 10:17 PM.

Brilliant

Keep us updated as you progress with it and post all the track day pics/vids it's a refreshing change to see another one getting use on track.

They're brilliant cars on track too, despite the stigma they receive.

Best advice to take on board IMO is just enjoy spending money IN the car (driving it) rather than spending money ON the car.
    If it breaks, then upgrade the broken part. Theres people who throw a load of money at their cars in one big hit and cannot appreciate each mod improvements. They then get bored quickly or they've spent too much to be able to enjoy the car, then it gets sold.

Do bits slowly as your going along, and you'll love the journey and enjoy many smiles on track
    Arden Corsa VXR

Quote Originally Posted by C16 VXR View Post
    Brilliant

Keep us updated as you progress with it and post all the track day pics/vids it's a refreshing change to see another one getting use on track.

They're brilliant cars on track too, despite the stigma they receive.

Best advice to take on board IMO is just enjoy spending money IN the car (driving it) rather than spending money ON the car.
    If it breaks, then upgrade the broken part. Theres people who throw a load of money at their cars in one big hit and cannot appreciate each mod improvements. They then get bored quickly or they've spent too much to be able to enjoy the car, then it gets sold.

Do bits slowly as your going along, and you'll love the journey and enjoy many smiles on track
    Agree with you 100%! "If it ain't broke, don't mend it" has been the philosophy that's enabled me to compete in lots of branches of motorsport for many, many years, without bankrupting myself!!

I've found one more job that needs sorting on the car. When I drove it after sorting the A/C compressor issue the brakes didn't feel too great, so decided to do a brake service. The RH rear caliper was seized solid, so found a pair of calipers on Ebay (in blue!) which should arrive by the weekend.

Do you use yours on track? If so, what are you planning for the year? Maybe we can meet up sometime.

Rear caliper now changed, new rear pads fitted. Ready for the next outing - looking at Cadwell Park.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast