+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I've just got the bill with the plugs being charged for as being changed lol I'm off down to them after work today now

VXR Nothing comes close Tom_Y2K4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stickyvxr View Post
    I've just got the bill with the plugs being charged for as being changed lol I'm off down to them after work today now
    Sounds like you'll be getting 4 plugs in boxes and a rebate on your service plan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

So does anyone have a difinative answer as to when they should be done then
    You not pmed me your reg, said I would check for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

Went after work and found that it was 40,000 miles or 4 years, but the 4 years had come and still they didn't replace them due to the fact they'd rather leave them alone if car is running fine, so I've ended up getting a credit on the service plan, looks like I shall do them myself for peace of mind as the car could be 8 years old before there done,

VXR enough

They were trying to pull a fast one.

And 40k/4 years for plugs is ridiculous - back in the day spark plugs got changed every service on almost all cars. Technology hasn't advanced that much so I don't know how they claim 4 years is ok, especially as ignition components are a known weak point on these cars.

Typical lax service from VX...like their cambelt recommendations really.

As you said do them yourself - your car will thank you vs not going to dealer.
    Last edited by u33db; 17th March 2017 at 08:36 PM.
    Corsa SRI Turbo

Went after work and found that it was 40,000 miles or 4 years, but the 4 years had come and still they didn't replace them due to the fact they'd rather leave them alone if car is running fine, so I've ended up getting a credit on the service plan, looks like I shall do them myself for peace of mind as the car could be 8 years old before there done,
    what ball, you're paying for a service plan so you have paid for this, i would have ask them to fit them, i would never say to a customer your cars running fine if your plugs need changing, they're due so you change them anyway.

This is all true, there excuse was that they may cause more damage by pulling the connectors off and causing a misfire, so I'm thinking another garage now, they hadn't done the tyre pressures either, there's locking caps on but without the locking bit on, so looked at them and thought can't do them so left them as is and didn't bothered to contact me, as always the saying want a job done properly do it yourself

This is all true, there excuse was that they may cause more damage by pulling the connectors off and causing a misfire, so I'm thinking another garage now, they hadn't done the tyre pressures either, there's locking caps on but without the locking bit on, so looked at them and thought can't do them so left them as is and didn't bothered to contact me, as always the saying want a job done properly do it yourself
    This is exactly why I service the car myself - at least i know it's being done right! Granted there are a few things that need done at a garage, but for the most part I try and do what I can! Always buy GM parts to use as well; OEM if I can't get genuine.
    Last edited by tye_time; 20th March 2017 at 03:55 PM.

Yeh will bare that in mind cheers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3