+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default ESP Service message

Got into the car this afternoon started it and the ESP service message came up in the display, the ABS warning and skid warning lights are on.
    The engine is limited to 3000 RPM in any gear.

Any idea, is it one of the wheel sensors ?

Could be a sensor one chap had this and it was a wheel bearing better having it checked mate 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arden Blue / Areo pack / Navi 600 / Xenon AFL lights / DAB /Bluetooth / LED DLR,S/ LED number plate lights
    LED rear lights rear park assist / K&N panel filter
    20" rims 279 BHP
    Miles of Smiles

VXRed blooded

Could simply be that dirt has built up on both the sensor as shown in the forth and fifth photos on a VW at,

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...g-(In-10-steps

and/or the magnetic encoder ring as described in a bulletin for various US vehicles at,

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...80901-2280.pdf

Thanks, this makes sense, it could be the sensor is not working, if the local garage has a Tech2 I should be able to confirm it and which side it is as the is a fault code for this.

VXRed blooded

Have you had any joy in getting your ESP problem sorted?

Yes and no !

I went to the local garage, its the right wheel speed sensor. My local garage (who service our cars and van) they still have not got it in.
    I went to Euro car parts, they ordered one and said they would have it friday at 4PM. They did get it in , but it is the wrong one. So I have ordered one on ebay and waiting for it to arrive.
    Be aware it looks like there are two types of wheel speed sensors, well the sensors are the same but the connectors are different.

On top of this, I had the front tyres replaced last year, I could not remove the locking wheel nuts as they had been over tighten. I had to have the locking wheel nuts cut off. This cost me £100.

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by Klystron View Post
    . . . I had to have the locking wheel nuts cut off. This cost me £100.
    Ouch.

The lugs on the inside of one of the original Vauxhall locking nuts on mine sheared off when I tried to remove it, I ended up lashing up a means of loading the nut axially by bracing a socket wrench off a very solid wall in our front garden to loosen it and the other three, and replaced them with a more robust design.

I wrote that wrong, the mechanic welded a bar onto the locking nut to get it off and the only damage was one slight mark on one wheel.
    I dont think the Vauxhall locking nuts are the best. I now have McGard locking nuts fitted.

Now just to get this sensor changed, I'm fed up of only being able to rev the engine to 3000RPM.

Quote Originally Posted by John w View Post
    Could be a sensor one chap had this and it was a wheel bearing better having it checked mate 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are correct ! It needs a new wheel bearing.

Update on this, today I have had the other wheel bearing changed. Due to the same symptom, with error code C1225.
    I was shown the removed bearing, it looks like the clip cover on the back breaks up the causes the magnetic sensor ring issues. item 8 in the linked page.
    http://nemiga.com/cat_spares/epc/vauxhall/p10/k/4/
    Anyone else had this ? the mileage is 24k.
    Last edited by Klystron; 19th April 2017 at 05:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast