Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My DMF went at 29k and it was tough luck TBH as I was out of main warranty (though I luckily had 3rd warranty from the dealer that picked up tab for the DMF, but I paid for the clutch as I wasn't putting an old one back in with a new DMF whilst the box was split). That shouldn't have gone sub 30K but it did, just something I have (and many others have) had to live with unfortunately.

As said above though, there's plenty of threads about GB oil changes on here, mine will be getting done every 10k from now on.

I do understand what you guys are saying and yeah i do know of the M32 box issues but that is only because i googled it (as most of you will have after encountering a problem with your car) after getting a whining noise and found loads of threads about M32 boxes and not only in the VXR they are used in other makes of car Alfa is just one, just wondering if they knew it was known issue why they never changed servicing to include transmission fluid.

If i have to pay i have to pay but it will leave a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Once done it will be getting oil changed regularly.
    Friendship is like pishing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth

What was the outcome matey ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

In the end im paying the %20 to get a new gearbox, something i hadn't thought about and someone mentioned on here was if i contribute towards it i get a warranty with it so in the end it's probably better that i do.

Just waiting for gearbox to be delivered to garage so it can be fitted.
    Friendship is like pishing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth

At least you are getting a brand new box - the next time you change the box oil make sure you put 3L in

I will be changing mine every 2 years (only do about 6000 miles a year)

I'll be getting some oil from opies and changing it regularly in future.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2