+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed

Default Corsa vxr caught on fire

my car has just drained all its oil out all over the manifold and turbo it looks like its came out in between the manifold and the head but not to sure. Currently the car is parked up with most off the electrics fried cause it caught fire any suggestions on why this happenedreceived_10154806348758432.jpgreceived_10154806348483432.jpg

Oh my days that's awful mate. Hope it has some sort of warranty . Was the engine leaking oil from the filler cap or rocker gasket before hand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I don't know if it is related but wasn't the corsa on watchdog in the last 6 months because they were catching fire ...?

VXRed

Think it came out near the rocker gasket but didnt really look untill it was on fire had to call fire brigade to come put it out, lucky i turned the car off cause the fire burnt through a fuel pipe. It has 2 months warrenty left on it but its with a third part group so dont know if they will cover it i hope they do and i think i read about tha need to give the vin number to a vauxhall dealer ship and see if it was on recall

Quote Originally Posted by Cnking View Post
    Also I don't know if it is related but wasn't the corsa on watchdog in the last 6 months because they were catching fire ...?

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/watchdog.html

Astra

VXRacing ahead

Didn't you have a burning smell at any point? That's serious. Any work done previous?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cnking View Post

That watchdog campaign was *******s owners of all corsa's jumping on the band wagon. Pretty sure the fire issues were for the corsa's with the 1.4 litre engine fitted with the additional vacuum pump?

O.P Not sure what has caused that, let us know if you find out what's caused it
    Mk4 Astra GSi and Corsa D VXR

Clique 16 (unofficial)

That's a total bummer (bit of an understatement really!! ).

I wouldn't have thought anything could be forced out of the rocker cover gasket under enough pressure to spray oil everywhere like it has. I'm not familiar enough with the engine to give advice (thank God, earlier days of ownership yet though), one things for sure though if your warranty doesn't cover it, at least your insurance will (small consolation).

Maybe oil was leaking out of oil filler cap and the all over the plugs and some how caught other than that no idea if that's even possible maybe a damaged loom loose connection can cause excessive heat

VXRed

Air con compressor and pipes were done when i brought the car but thats all i know. Yeah i think it is only with the 1.4 corsa that caught on fire. There was no smell really all just happened really quick just driving along and next my mate is flashing me and all sorts to get my attention ran over to my car and told me to get the f out.
    Tell me about it had the car not even 2 months

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast