+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    VXRed

As i said before it looked like the oil came out from around the head area but as you can see by the picture oil is everywhere

VXRed

Yeah but if i clam on my insurance my premium will go sky high im only 18 and cant really afford that next year

Oil leaks from filler then in to the spark plug area Althea comes out the side so it looks like it's coming from the head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed

So would there be oil on the spark plug and around the cylinder

VXRed

For the amount of oil that looks like has come out it would need to have been pressurized, oil pressure switch, turbo oil feed or maybe even somewhere between the head and block I'd say. If one of those started spraying onto the exhaust manifold that could easily cause a fire.
    2009 Arden Blue Corsa VXR

VXRed

Yeah thats what i got told by vauxhall, buy surely other stuff would have got burnt but it didnt, looks like the fire started in the right of the picture where the coil pack is

VXRed

Just depends how it sprayed really, aside from fuel wiring is probably the most flammable thing under the bonnet
    2009 Arden Blue Corsa VXR

VXRed

Can a oil dipstick give you a false reading on how much is in the engine cause i checked it last wednesday and there was nothing in there but didnt have a oil light on so filled it up and the next day it went down to 3/4 on the dipstick, when it went wrong friday i dipped it agian and it was saying theres nothing in there and today its some how got half a litre in there

It holds 4.5l so top to bottom on the stick is 4.5-3.5l

You can get some oil dropping down when you turn the engine off but probably no more than 100ml

Was your dip stick pushed all the way down? Did you take the reading on a flat surface, engine cold, hot etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2