+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Car Depreciation

Hi, I have just been down to my dealers to look into trading in my 16 Reg, Shiny Rock, CP,CC,FL and 18" (10k miles) and they told me it's worth £10,500 (£20+K new) think I'll keep it a little longer.

Regional Assistant - Essex Hey Mr Chicken badboyburt's Avatar

What did you think it was worth and did you pay the full rrp for yours ?

Wbac seem to set the benchmark for trade in prices.

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Default Car Depreciation

Great 2nd hand buy these now.

My mate was offered i think £10750 for his '16 Plate, that was on 10k with just the optional 18's and Carbon Pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

Sucks dont it. Its the only reason i'm now keeping my 16 plate E. Only has carbon pack & 18's alloys
    16 Plate Corsa E VXR Flash Blue Carbon Pack

Quote Originally Posted by alees19 View Post
    Sucks dont it. Its the only reason i'm now keeping my 16 plate E. Only has carbon pack & 18's alloys
    I can imagine it does, there's doesn't appear to be any difference in prices, wether you've got the 'Performance Pack' with all options or one with 17's and zero options.

Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

VXR Torque of the Devil Jonny_R's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minismithy90 View Post
    I can imagine it does, there's doesn't appear to be any difference in prices, wether you've got the 'Performance Pack' with all options or one with 17's and zero options.

Unfortunately thats the way with any manufacturer and options. Dont get you any more money back, just makes the car more appealing and easier to sell.

Options are more for your enjoyment while you own the car then to make it worth more at the end.
    Now Driving Facelift Audi A1 S Line in Daytona Grey

Unfortunately we buy any car and other such sites keep the values down on any mass produced car.

Most of these buying sites are owned by auction sites.

You also need to factor in the Dealers preparation costs, profit margin and 20% vat
    Last edited by DRC 72; 20th March 2017 at 07:32 PM.
    Sir Dale Of Yorkshire

Gotta remember that about 3500 of that new price was VAT which is immediately lost making the actual value circa 16500

WBAC are making used cars sales a pain in the ****. Just sold the wife's JCW and the amount of offers I had from trade sales using the WBAC as a bench mark pi55ed me right off!

VXR enough

Selling a car after 2 years is the best time to sell to get the best deal. You never get what you expect though, from a trader. Selling privately is generally worth around an extra £1k over trade. Also as said, trading in a car with loads of options won't get you any more than a basic car, but selling privately, options can push the price up. As said previously, the dealers costs and VAT have to be taken off to see the real value of the car in the first year.

Quote Originally Posted by robertshephard View Post
    Selling a car after 2 years is the best time to sell to get the best deal. You never get what you expect though, from a trader. Selling privately is generally worth around an extra £1k over trade. Also as said, trading in a car with loads of options won't get you any more than a basic car, but selling privately, options can push the price up. As said previously, the dealers costs and VAT have to be taken off to see the real value of the car in the first year.
    Agreed. I ended up with another 2500 quid from a private sale

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast