+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXR newbie

Default Soon to be owner....

So... as of this Thursday... I will no longer have my Corsa D "Not so limited" Edition...

And it will be making way for a Corsa VXR Nurburgring... any advice for a new owner peeps?

VXRed

Hopefully you have more lick than i did is all i can say..
    any details on car?
    Modded/mapped/forged?

VXR newbie

From what i can tell - just standard. Will remain like that for a little while till i get used to it

What bad luck did you have with yours? I checked the register on here for the number.. but not listed as anyone from here... Number 441

VXRed

Spun a bearing, forged engine and multtiple gearbox repairs.
    Some ppl have all the luck and others have none lol, fun when it works. Although only did 1000 miles in a year due to issues..

Get some pictures up when get it

Truly an ace car these 'Burgs, honestly they need nothing apart from good Tyres and that's it, out the box they are fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

VXR newbie

I dont suppose anyone has any info on Burg #441? Its not listed on the register unfortunately but maybe someone on here knows something? If not... is there anywere i can look to see the cars history properly? Or maybe find out if its been mapped etc? The garage did say it was standard... but i do recall seeing something on the main engine block that wassnt just the usual "VXR" which i assume tends to mean aftermarket tuning...

VXRed

Ignore all these horror stories and enjoy it mate,
    Ive had mine for 2 years now and for first 18 months whilst it was standard I never had any problems with her, I came from a 1.2 LE and you'll be giggling to yourself all the way home haha
    At first it's very strange driving a car that's very familiar but a **** load faster, you'll love it mate haha

VXR newbie

The whole remap thing really concerns me... as the garage are saying no... but looking online ive found an ad on gumtree from november from the prev owner... saying it has a new air filter, removed silencer and a decat... no mention of a remap but ive just got this awkward feeling it is...

Were do i stand with the dealer if i've not yet taken delivery of the car? And change my mind for example? (Insurance is too much mods declared, specifically if it is mapped)

Thanks

Just treat it well and it'll treat you well. Service it every 6 months, don't rag it from a cold start and for god sake don't remap it without getting new injectors xD

VXR newbie

Well... after passing on the previous Burg.. due to it been remapped which really messed with my insurance, and as far as im aware was running standard injectors. I have found another... its a 2012 Burg in white. However i noticed on this one... the Car Number seems to be missing from the dash is this normal? Or is it likely a standard VXR that has been modified to look like a burg? Or were they not numbered on the dash at this point?

Also... it has 47k on the clock, is it likely to need a clutch soon?
    Last edited by iNezzy; 28th March 2017 at 08:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast