Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    VXRed

Question Courtnay stage 1????

just looking for information about courtnays stage 1 map.

does it make a noticeable difference?
    is it worth the money?

what sort of gains would i see out of my burg?

Regional Assistant - Essex Hey Mr Chicken badboyburt's Avatar

Stage 1 is a magic tree, either pine or pineapple, no noticeable gains but does make a woooooshhhh sound if the window is open and it blows around.

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Some say Stage 1 has been the biggest noticeable jump in performance for them, personally id get a Turbo Back system and go Stage 2, will be night and day in terms of performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CoryE_Burg View Post
    just looking for information about courtnays stage 1 map.

does it make a noticeable difference?
    is it worth the money?

what sort of gains would i see out of my burg?
    You don't need any uprated parts for stage one from what I believe, and your stock BHP figure around 202. Stage one will give you a few extra horses (10 max I guess) but the torgue will increase a fair bit, and that's where you will notice a difference.

Saying that, Courts stage 1 is £540 according to their website, so IMO its worth spending the money and either going stage 2 (injectors, zaust and filter) or stage 3 (add intercooler to stage 2 parts).

I would be looking around as it seems some people do a stage 1.5 where you might notice little more gains for less money, BUT a lot of piston 4 failures reported are due to injectors nearly maxing out on stock map, then a map added with those stock injectors causing the car to run lean, melting the last piston below the rail............P4.

For reference, I shopped around (ebay lol) so my full Cobra zaust owes me £300, filter £50, injectors £130 and the map and fuel to get there £460. That's £940 all in for stage 2 running 227bhp and 246lb/ft, all for £400 more than Courts charge for a basic map on rolling road (and less than some people pay for a new exhaust alone). Depends what you want, but don't jump in, consider all options.

Have a look at this info here too: http://www.wgmotorworks.co.uk/tuning/vxr/corsa-vxr/
    Last edited by churchwxm; 26th March 2017 at 07:48 PM.

Default Courtnay stage 1????

I got 207bhp from 180bhp in my Merv on low compression pistons on a Courts stage 1. The torque made the big difference with 314Nm. It was fuelling fine with capacity to spare as I wanted a very reliable map. It made a big difference to how it drove and the map itself is perfect. You might notice the increased torque but the bigger the leap the bigger the smile. You get what you pay for though 👍🏻
    Last edited by Kingsxfan; 26th March 2017 at 05:35 PM.

You get what you pay for??. I went to arguably the best (or certainly one of the best) VXR mappers around, my stage 2 map was £200 cheaper than Courts stage 1.

The maths speak for itself, hence why I said weigh up all options first.
    Last edited by churchwxm; 26th March 2017 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by churchwxm View Post
    You don't need any uprated parts for stage one from what I believe, and your stock BHP figure around 202. Stage one will give you a few extra horses (10 max I guess) but the torgue will increase a fair bit, and that's where you will notice a difference.

Saying that, Courts stage 1 is £540 according to their website, so IMO its worth spending the money and either going stage 2 (injectors, zaust and filter) or stage 3 (add intercooler to stage 2 parts).

I would be looking around as it seems some people do a stage 1.5 where you might notice little more gains for less money, BUT a lot of piston 4 failures reported are due to injectors nearly maxing out on stock map, then a map added with those stock injectors causing the car to run lean, melting the last piston below the rail............P4.

For reference, I shopped around (ebay lol) so my full Cobra zaust owes me £300, filter £50, injectors £130 and the map and fuel to get there £460. That's £940 all in for stage 2 running 227bhp and 246lb/ft, all for £400 more than Courts charge for a basic map on rolling road (and less than some people pay for a new exhaust alone). Depends what you want, but don't jump in, consider all options.

Have a look at this info here too: http://www.wgmotorworks.co.uk/tuning/vxr/corsa-vxr/
    So would you say it's worth forging before going stage 2? My Arctic is only has the K&n panel filter which comes stock and I'm hopefully putting my remus 3rd piece on and cobra decat but looking for more power after

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by churchwxm View Post

awsome help mate what exhaust did you get? was it second hand?
    where did you get it mapped mate?

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by VXR Lewis View Post
    So would you say it's worth forging before going stage 2? My Arctic is only has the K&n panel filter which comes stock and I'm hopefully putting my remus 3rd piece on and cobra decat but looking for more power after
    You need to decide how much power you are after and be honest;

Plenty people will see the videos of 400hp+ Corsas on youtube and say that's what they're going to build but in reality not many do it, or will get halfway though preparing for it (like forging) then abandon the whole idea due to money issues, or the fact that's its simpler and better to buy a car with more power as standard, or they get bored of messing about with a Corsa.

The standard engine is more than capable of running stage 3 if you look after it and forging doesn't guarantee reliability.

In short, i'd just go stage 2/3 on standard internals if I were you.

Or just buy an Astra.
    Last edited by u33db; 26th March 2017 at 08:58 PM.
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    You need to decide how much power you are after and be honest;

Plenty people will see the videos of 400hp+ Corsas on youtube and say that's what they're going to build but in reality not many do it, or will get halfway though preparing for it (like forging) then abandon the whole idea due to money issues, or the fact that's its simpler and better to buy a car with more power as standard, or they get bored of messing about with a Corsa.

The standard engine is more than capable of running stage 3 if you look after it and forging doesn't guarantee reliability.

In short, i'd just go stage 2/3 on standard internals if I were you.

Or just buy an Astra.
    Cheers mate just what I needed to hear tbf
    Corsa VXR Arctic Edition No. 366

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast