+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by CoryE_Burg View Post
    Thanks for reply really helpfull

This is the route i plan to go down...

Pre cat de-cat and decat ( I understand i need a full free flow turbo back but dont want to fork out £1000 What will it sound like with standard backbox but with no cats? and how restricitive will it be?)

then get a induction kit (for them to fit in process as i have read it can make the car run lean and melt piston 4?)

and then give it to them to fit 390cc injectors and map it would i then see hopefully around 230?

how reliable are their maps?

all help appriciated
    The induction kit will make the car breath better, it's the lack of fuel that will make it run lean so bigger injectors are a must.

You can get up to 230 and have it pulling properly on injectors, full exhaust and a panel filter alone. Expect any where between 220-235 though as it's obviously variable and depends on who's mapping for you as some peoples figures are lower than others (And expected gains info is on the more respected tuners websites, RS tuning, WG motorworks, Rabbid remaps (facebook i believe) and Courts).

IMO even though this engine can take up to a reported 250 on standard internals if I wanted that or more I would forge first, 240 would be my limit as a happy medium before forging.
    Last edited by churchwxm; 27th March 2017 at 04:12 PM.

Default Courtnay stage 1????

Quote Originally Posted by churchwxm View Post
    You get what you pay for??. I went to arguably the best (or certainly one of the best) VXR mappers around, my stage 2 map was £200 cheaper than Courts stage 1.

The maths speak for itself, hence why I said weigh up all options first.
    Come on, you need to at least read your own responses before accusing others of being condescending mate, just saying 👍🏻Let's not start being unkind to each other over a what's essentially a lump of metal eh, besides it wasnt even directed at your post, but seeing as you jumped on mine...

You had good service from WG, you are happy with what you paid, more power to you. As I've said, not knocking any of the tuners mentioned on here, but some who pay a bit more are happy to do so for the vast Vauxhall knowledge and experience that comes with it. For me that was well worth it. All tuners have to start somewhere and WG get great feedback, publicly in forums like this at least. If it fits the bill and ticks your boxes, great, but for me 'personally' it wouldn't. The OP is gathering opinions and this is the good thing about forums like this, he'll get a few viewpoints in order to make his mind up.

OP- With regards to reliability, ask WG themselves how many engines have gone pop off running their maps on standard internals vs. how many they have tuned. Nothing wrong with being direct with any tuner as it's your money.

Edit: would I use them, for engine work, definitely 👍🏻

Even then, abuse by the user can factor which is where the margins come in.

Hope you get the results you want either way mate 👍🏻
    Last edited by Kingsxfan; 27th March 2017 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsxfan View Post
    Come on, you need to at least read your own responses before accusing others of being condescending mate, just saying 👍🏻Let's not start being unkind to each other over a what's essentially a lump of metal eh.

You had good service from WG, you are happy with what you paid, more power to you. As I've said, not knocking any of the tuners mentioned on here, but some who pay a bit more are happy to do so for the vast Vauxhall knowledge and experience that comes with it. For me that was well worth it. All tuners have to start somewhere and WG get great feedback, publicly in forums like this at least. If it fits the bill and ticks your boxes, great, but for me 'personally' it wouldn't. The OP is gathering opinions and this is the good thing about forums like this, he'll get a few viewpoints in order to make his mind up.

OP- With regards to reliability, ask WG themselves how many engines have gone pop off running their maps on standard internals vs. how many they have tuned. Nothing wrong with being direct with any tuner as it's your money.

Even then, abuse by the user can factor which is where the margins come in.

Hope you get the results you want either way mate 👍🏻
    Mate, I'm not into forum bun fights but you quoted me and replied as if i haven't got a clue, hence my reply. I get your sentiment but all I've done is highlight Courts charge far more for arguably the same service another reputable mapper charges, nothing more. If that helps the OP or even highlights the fact to him all well and good, just like your thoughts on Courts VX knowledge.

Live and let live.

LOL, you must be confusing me with someone else as my first post was actually under one of yours, but that's it, I didn't quote you, or it, until you pulled up my first post comment mate. It was directed to the OP 😂😂😂

Either way, you could be an F1 mechanic or a sandwich artist. I'd never speak to anyone here like they didn't have a clue unless they're having a pop as you can very often end up being schooled. Think you've gotten on the wrong end of the stick from the off, but hey ho 😂

Ive got no axe to grind with anyone, let alone you 👍🏼
    Last edited by Kingsxfan; 27th March 2017 at 05:32 PM.

LOL, you must be confusing me with someone else as my first post was actually under one of yours, but that's it, I didn't quote you, or it, until you pulled up my first post comment mate. It was directed to the OP ������

Either way, you could be an F1 mechanic or a sandwich artist. I'd never speak to anyone here like they didn't have a clue unless they're having a pop as you can very often end up being schooled. Think you've gotten on the wrong end of the stick from the off, but hey ho ��

Ive got no axe to grind with anyone, let alone you ����
    Mate, take a look back at post 5 and 6 where this started. I questioned your "you get what you pay for comment" after i had just said how getting to stage 2/3 can be done cheaply in post 4, and then you went on to explain the in's and out's of generic maps to me as if i haven't got a clue, so i hope you can see where my replies came from. My original reply to you wasn't questioning how much YOU paid, i didn't and don't care, i highlighted how much the difference in cost is between 2 very good mappers. For all i know you could work there and had it done cheap or free, but not for the common paying customer who is asking for opinions on something he isn't fully up on (the OP). The rest is history and our own opinions..............

We best leave it, it's feeling like a "disagreement" i would have with my Missus , like you say no axe to grind or hard feelings.

Why did you even think my original post was aimed at you mate, still at a loss 😁

I stand by what I said, it is true, you do get what you pay for, but I didn't even reference a word you'd said or comment on your postings until you had a crack at me over 'you get what you pay for'. It's 100% true. I paid more because I wanted a map that checked the fuelling parameters in the detail that Courts are able to provide, that's it.

Where did I even mention generic maps and you 😂How did you even draw a line between what I'd originally posted and your own posts, I'm confused mate😂

If anything it was agreeing with YOU and anyone who'd paid good money to a reputable tuner for their work.

You've somehow managed to take what I'd written as a pop at you personally because you appear to have paid a lesser amount to have your car mapped. It wasn't even aimed at you mate.
    Last edited by Kingsxfan; 27th March 2017 at 06:31 PM.

P.S. I'm sure your missus is always right 👍🏻😂

P.S. I'm sure your missus is always right ������

She normally is mate, but she's also probably much better looking than you so I let her get the last word in .

#agreetodisagree

VXR enough

Ahhahahaha!
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

Quote Originally Posted by churchwxm View Post
    She normally is mate, but she's also probably much better looking than you so I let her get the last word in .

#agreetodisagree
    I hope she is or you're in a world of pain 😂

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3