Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by VXR Lewis View Post
    So would you say it's worth forging before going stage 2? My Arctic is only has the K&n panel filter which comes stock and I'm hopefully putting my remus 3rd piece on and cobra decat but looking for more power after

As your man says above, stage 3 and under will be fine on standard internals as long as you look after it the best you can (regular oil changes/maintenance, let it warm up/cool down properly and for Gods sake don't have someone generic flash map it!!!) and get the correct hardware (Injectors being the most important for safety reasons, the others free up your engines limitations).

This is my 1st Corsa, I bought it because prefer the look over the Astra H, I did a load of searching on here before getting mine ready to map and deciding who I went with. Do your homework as there's loads of knowledgeable people on here and you will be right.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryE_Burg View Post
    awsome help mate what exhaust did you get? was it second hand?
    where did you get it mapped mate?

Yes mate, I got a little lucky with mine (full Cobra turbo back non res) but you can still pick up a full 2nd hand system for around £400 on ebay (And you wont go far wrong with offering u33db a sweetner on his injectors ). Its like anything, you can make things as cheap (to a limit) or expensive as you like but when you weigh up the cost of a 2nd hand system compared to new it's a no brainer IMO, the sodding things under the car and people wont know if its new or not, as long as it does the job.

I went with Rabbid, do some research on here. Whoever you decide to go with just make sure it's one of the respected mappers or you will never be happy.

You can read about mine here: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...Corsa-Progress and there's loads of other members cars you can look to see what they've done with theirs.
    Last edited by churchwxm; 26th March 2017 at 09:52 PM.

Default Courtnay stage 1????

Quote Originally Posted by churchwxm View Post
    You get what you pay for??. I went to arguably the best (or certainly one of the best) VXR mappers around, my stage 2 map was £200 cheaper than Courts stage 1.

The maths speak for itself, hence why I said weigh up all options first.
    How many failures have you heard off the back of a Courts map? I'd rather have a tune from someone who has the kit and experience to tune all Vauxhalls, not just some of them. And also be able to monitor fuelling in real time because they have access to hardware and software such as canbus 2000. Again, these so called 'best' tuners can't tune all Vauxhalls, did you know that? Probably not. Not knocking any of them for what they do but 'best' is a matter of view point.

There is an engine builder close by to me in the north west who see's more standard engines going pop after going to 'certain' tuners, it's all about reliability and drivability, so yes, you get what you pay for. If your worried about £200 vs. an engine that would cost 3k to forge with bore damage then I really don't have much to say to that really 😉
    Last edited by Kingsxfan; 27th March 2017 at 10:23 AM.

VXRed

What do you guys think of WG Motorworks?

Quote Originally Posted by CoryE_Burg View Post
    What do you guys think of WG Motorworks?
    Great outfit, if you've got a Corsa to tune then go there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll find plenty of positive feedback for the vast majority of tuners mentioned on here. Some are bigged up for a few years and then pulled down, others have been around for over 25 years and business is still booming, it's your money at the end of the day mate. I went with who I did because I wanted proven reliability. Keep in mind that there is a far narrower margin when on standard internals and tuning. Weigh up the cost of losing a piston or bending rods and the potential cost of putting it right. After doing an engine I would say to anyone, consider going forged before doing anything. I know it's a big initial outlay but in the long run you have a far wider margin of reliability if it's done right.

Are you keeping your car for a good few years yet?

PS I don't think you'll get much more power off WG on standard injectors, I think they'll only offer a soft stage one to keep it as safe as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsxfan View Post
    PS I don't think you'll get much more power off WG on standard injectors, I think they'll only offer a soft stage one to keep it as safe as they can.
    Yep, they only do a soft stage 1 without injectors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed

Thanks for reply really helpfull

This is the route i plan to go down...

Pre cat de-cat and decat ( I understand i need a full free flow turbo back but dont want to fork out £1000 What will it sound like with standard backbox but with no cats? and how restricitive will it be?)

then get a induction kit (for them to fit in process as i have read it can make the car run lean and melt piston 4?)

and then give it to them to fit 390cc injectors and map it would i then see hopefully around 230?

how reliable are their maps?

all help appriciated

VXRed blooded

With pre-cat de-cat, induction kit you will see around 210 bhp, if you buy Intercooler and turbo back exhaust, you will need of course bigger injectors (395 cc), you will see healthy 230-240 bhp.
    Last edited by moeman; 27th March 2017 at 05:50 PM.

How many failures have you heard off the back of a Courts map? I'd rather have a tune from someone who has the kit and experience to tune all Vauxhalls, not just some of them. And also be able to monitor fuelling in real time because they have access to hardware and software such as canbus 2000. Again, these so called 'best' tuners can't tune all Vauxhalls, did you know that? Probably not. Not knocking any of them for what they do but 'best' is a matter of view point.

There is an engine builder close by to me in the north west who see's more standard engines going pop after going to 'certain' tuners, it's all about reliability and drivability, so yes, you get what you pay for. If your worried about £200 vs. an engine that would cost 3k to forge with bore damage then I really don't have much to say to that really ��
    Mate, pretty condescending reply considering I've said on a previous reply that I did plenty of homework before getting mine done, or did you just not take my word for it?.

Rabbid (who did mine) maps from WG Motorworks, are you really going to put him in your category of one of the many "flash mappers" that don't set the car up correctly, without the correct kit or knowledge to do so and quite possibly kill you engine??, pretty foolish to do so if that's the case. As for what VXR models certain tuners can and can't tune i really don't care, as long as their considered one of the best on the model i want mapping, that's good enough for me (Stands to reason really).

So again, I will say and stand by my "weigh up all options" statement to the OP, happy in the knowledge my car is running fine/safe and I paid £200 less than you did for the privilege. I'm not knocking Courts service or reputation so if your happy with what you got great, so am I so happy days.

I also live in the North West and travelled 210 down South to get my car properly done, every thread on the subject I've advised people that have asked to go with a reputable tuner and stay well away from generic maps. I'm also far from "mapper loyal" as some people clearly are on here, I'm just not in the habit of 5punking my money off for the sake of it when there's just as good mappers out there than others that charge a massive amount less for a similar, proven and safe service.
    Last edited by churchwxm; 27th March 2017 at 04:40 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast