Closed Thread
    VXR newbie

Default What to look for when buying VXR

Hi Guys!

Im new to this so i don't know if I'm doing it right! Any guidance would be appreciated.

So I currently own a Astra H SXi and this saturday I'm and going to view and possibly buy a Astra J VXR. However i was hoping you might be able to help me. I want to know if there is any common problems or other problems i can look out for and check when i view/test drive it. Please Let me know anything you think i should look for

Thanks

Will!

depends on the age your looking at. Is it dealer or private buy
    gearbox whine at low speed:- gearbox oil change and filled to 2.3 lt
    2nd gear may jump out ;- GIVE IT A LITTLE IN 2ND GEAR. if happens may need realignment or new box.
    Other wise enjoy the drive.
    mac

BUZZ BLUE GTC VXR mid life crisis & loving every minute.

VXRed

whats your budget? I might be selling mine soon if interested.

VXR enough

Don't forget the cost of brakes and tyres which are far more than the h

As Imac said you want to check the gearbox for whining. Give it full lock and drive slowly and see if you hear a whine. If you do then get them to replace the gearbox oil. If that solves it then you're sorted, and if you buy it make sure you get it changed every year.
    If the car still has original diamond cut wheels, check for bubbling in the paint. You can have these replaced under warranty at Vauxhall if its less than 3 years old.
    ARDEN BLUE
    UPGRADES - REMUS 4 PIECE EXHAUST, MAXTON NURBURGRING SPLITTER, MTEC SHORT SHIFTER, RAMAIR PANEL FILTER, CARBON FIBRE DIFFUSER + MUDFLAPS, LED KIT, LED DLR'S, LED INTERIOR BULBS, LED NUMBERPLATE LIGHTS, GEL PRIVATE PLATE

Closed Thread