+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

I think it's gone beyond luck, people know how to look for a car if they are serious. Facebook is full of fools that claim you can't get one for under £3k !!! Hah, not quite how the rest of the world think.

I'm half hoping it doesn't sell, and keep the engine and gearbox for a corsa or something as a sleeper.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyP247 View Post
    Okay dokey. I guess I'd give it a go
    Mike, you can see Facebook and I have "issues"
    David

Quote Originally Posted by vexorg View Post
    Mike, you can see Facebook and I have "issues"
    I do see there are issues yes.

I think maybe you're (quite understandably) feeling cheesed off about the financials of in-vs-out and perhaps that means you're picking up some of the comments as more negative than they are meant.

Positive note, there seems to be a couple of bidders now so hopefully you'll see a bit more of a return back.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    MikeyP - Meriva

Quote Originally Posted by vexorg View Post
    I think it's gone beyond luck, people know how to look for a car if they are serious. Facebook is full of fools that claim you can't get one for under £3k !!! Hah, not quite how the rest of the world think.

I'm half hoping it doesn't sell, and keep the engine and gearbox for a corsa or something as a sleeper.
    Or...you could strip it out, lower it and get a decent map on it. The back three seats are like carrying another person. I changed the interior on a previous Merv, they're heavy. Put a normal set of vaux 17's on it, a 1.4 badge and even put a standard grill on.

Go out and have a laugh 😂

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyP247 View Post
    Positive note, there seems to be a couple of bidders now so hopefully you'll see a bit more of a return back.
    Yeah, i suppose. Just cut my losses on it. I'd liked to have left the wheels on, but at just under £500 of new tyres I realised that was going to go for nothing on the sale. Annoyingly I've got a set of vectra gsi ph2 all powdercoared for the other car - and no tyres on them.
    David

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4