+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I've used AutoGylm tar remover in the past, works a treat! You can get it from Halfords for like £5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iamphil View Post
    Yes that's the stuff man. Sprayed it onto the tar spots (undiluted) on the rear of my front wheel arches then left to soak in for 2 minutes only as I wasn't too sure if leaving it on for too long would damage the paint and then tried to remove it with a microfibre cloth to no avail. Maybe it's possible that it loosened most of the tar because it all came off so easy using the shampoo conserver (acts like a light rubbing compound I think).
    I literally use it in the summer, when you get the bugs splatted all over your front bumper and it works a treat, I dilute it too. Way better than the AG stuff I tried before it. For tar remover I use bilt hamber korrosol and I think that works a treat too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal93 View Post
    I literally use it in the summer, when you get the bugs splatted all over your front bumper and it works a treat, I dilute it too. Way better than the AG stuff I tried before it. For tar remover I use bilt hamber korrosol and I think that works a treat too.
    I'm going to give tardis a try and save the poorboys remover just for any bugs then. Cheers.

VXR enough

Autoglym fast glass brings off tar, bugs, bird poo and you can also clean your windows as well

VXRacing ahead

I find VP Citrus tar and glue rermover the go to for the bug remover, it is a bit sticky/gluee if that is a word when you spray it on , but wipes and sprays off cleanly. Intially bought it for the wheels , but moved on, now it does the front and sides. Ag tar stuff is ok, but you might as well be putting on RD ot FG as suggested IMHO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2