+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ah good, good timing now we're out of winter

Can't believe how common this is!! I drove mine for a good six months after noticing the whine! Didn't want to believe it.. Haven't got any movement in the stick, or at least none that I have noticed... Bit the bullet and got it in for a refurb next week. £600 I didn't have to spend! But the whine is pretty bad now and noticeable. Just hope it gets me to the garage. Hope the oil change works for you...

Cheers bro! And I can't believe Vauxhall have made so many models all with crap oil in these M32's... I hope they use better oil in the Corsa E's

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Antonyjamr View Post
    Cheers bro! And I can't believe Vauxhall have made so many models all with crap oil in these M32's... I hope they use better oil in the Corsa E's
    To be fair they did modify the end case design on the M32 in the facelift Corsa D VXR but not sure if it made too much improvement as I've heard of quite a few going in for the same repair as ours!

I'm pretty sure this gearbox is a fiat and Alfa Romeo one that GM started using. I could be wrong
    Stage 2 280bhp 330 torques, Remus exhaust,

Quote Originally Posted by Antonyjamr View Post
    The guy who is referring my box said this was box that GM 'bought' rather than made. The modifications on the later boxes were GM's though. Larger bearing and different casing mods... Not sure if that's true, but had heard the same that it was an Italian box... Can't believe that they didn't do more testing to make sure it worked before fitting it...

But then VW had the same problem on the 6n2 Polo Gti's.

VXRed

Regular oil changes with a quality oil go a long way with these boxes and a bit of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would you say then with the gearbox oil change? Every 12 months?? Last service I had on the car, I asked the garage to do the gearbox oil and they told me that it wouldn't need doing and would be a waste of money!! Well, I'm £600 down now on having the box refurbished...

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Pez83 View Post
    What would you say then with the gearbox oil change? Every 12 months?? Last service I had on the car, I asked the garage to do the gearbox oil and they told me that it wouldn't need doing and would be a waste of money!! Well, I'm £600 down now on having the box refurbished...
    I change mine every 12 months. Had to get my box refurbed after 6months of ownership and it only had 18k on the clock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did mine a few weeks back, made a noticeable difference, so I'll be doing mine as part of the usual 10k Service/12 Months, just to keep it sweat as can be.
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast